inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Song from Dirty Dancing Soundtrack

Written By: cinnabon on 10/10/07 at 6:39 pm

I came up with the idea for this poll when I realized the 20th anniversary of this film's release just took place recently.

I love all the songs from the movie, but my 2 faves would have to be Hungry Eyes (one of the sexiest songs ever recorded), and I've Had the Time of My Life, which always brings to mind the big finale scene where everybody gets up and dances.  :)

(I included the Contours song on the list since it did rechart in 1988 after its use in Dirty Dancing, although its originally from the 60's; if there any other oldies songs from the film you like feel free to list them here too.)

Subject: Re: Favorite Song from Dirty Dancing Soundtrack

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/10/07 at 7:12 pm

I love "Hey Baby" which was in the movie.  I'm not sure if it was on the soundtrack.

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/10/07 at 8:04 pm

"I've Had the Time of My Life" and "Hungry Eyes".

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/10/07 at 9:19 pm

My favorite (for then) new song would be "Hungry Eyes". I'm not sure how to describe it exactly, but I love happy songs like that - like it's musically upbeat, but feels like a ballad.

Yeah, there were alot of Fifties songs from that 1959-1963 period that recharted, probably from being in the movie. Out of the older songs, I like "Stay" the best, although I actually knew about it a couple years before the movie came out, when it was still just another oldie.

P.S. Not to nitpick, but wasn't only "Hungry Eyes" in the movie (I've never seen it actually, lol)? Eric Carmen did "Make Me Lose Control" afterwards I think, once that song became a hit.

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/07 at 11:26 pm

Yeah, 'Make Me Lose Control' wasn't in the movie.  It originally appears on Eric's 1988 Greatest Hits album as a new track

My faves are 'Hungry Eyes' and '(I've Had) The Time of My Life'

'Do You Love Me' by The Contours actually re-charted due to it's use in the movie.  'Yes' by Merry Clayton (also from the movie) was a hit as well

Written By: snozberries on 10/11/07 at 1:25 pm

She's like the wind  and other (De Todo un Poco) 

My favorite scene tho is is the scene with Hungry Eyes  http://youtube.com/watch?v=8qiFzgxSObM

I like the three of them dancing together. Baby is totally focused on her steps, Johnny and Penny exchange an intense worried look.  There's just something about the underlying emotion here that gets me every time.  :\'(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/11/07 at 1:51 pm

I chose '(I've Had) The Time Of My Life' and 'Make Me Lose Control'... :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/11/07 at 1:57 pm

Oh gosh...this is one of my favorite movie soundtracks...the songs all rock. That being said, my two favorites would have to be:

'Hungry Eyes' and '(I've Had) The Time of My Life'

BUT...they are all good. Now I'm in the mood to watch this movie again. :D

Written By: airsupplyairhead on 10/11/07 at 3:07 pm

Hungry Eyes

Written By: robby76 on 10/11/07 at 8:51 pm

"Be My Baby" by the Ronettes!!! How could you leave that off the poll?  :)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 10/28/07 at 2:44 am

I love "Hey Baby" which was in the movie.  I'm not sure if it was on the soundtrack.

I'm pretty sure that was on the soundtrack..I had it but can't remember all of it right now..but in answer to the question, I liked I've Had the Time of My Life, and Hungry Eyes quite a bit, but I chose She's Like the Wind as my favorite song from the movie. I just remember being so shocked the first time I saw the video and realized Patrick Swayze was actually singing it!  ;)

Much like watching Music and Lyrics  and finding out Hugh Grant could sing!  :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/28/07 at 2:52 am

Do You Love Me? - The Contours

I like this part of the movie when everyone is actually Dirty Dancing and that's when Baby is first exposed to the DD crowd

Written By: anthead on 10/28/07 at 4:02 pm

i voted for "she's like the wind" but only because i somehow missed "hungry eyes"  :(

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 10/29/07 at 10:15 am

You Don't Own Me - The Blow Monkeys
Hungry Eyes - Eric Carmen

Check for new replies or respond here...