inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Lawyers in Love" by Jackson Browne

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/10/07 at 8:53 pm

This was always one of my favorite childhood era songs (it came out in 1983, but I always listened to it later on over the years). It's so catchy, although that whistling he does is pretty cheesy. ;D

It's one of many songs that the meaning was kinda lost on me when I was younger. It's anti-materalism, commenting on the culture of the Reagan era, as well as political events (it even mentions the USSR!), but the main reason I always liked it was for the catchiness. It definitely screams early MTV pop/rock, although the surf guitars give it a kinda retro '50s feel too.

Subject: Re: "Lawyers in Love" by Jackson Browne

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/11/07 at 10:37 am

I always liked this song, especially when the crescendo "Last night I watched the news from Washington (the capital)..." Some other great tunes from the Lawyers in Love album are "For a Rocker" and "Tender is the Night".

Written By: snozberries on 10/11/07 at 1:15 pm

"au-yooo  La-la au-yooo"

Written By: whistledog on 10/12/07 at 12:36 am

One of my favourite lyrics ...

"Eating from TV trays ... tuned into Happy Days"

I have always loved this song, and it's my 2nd favourite song by him, coming in a close second to the fantastic Clarence Clemons duet 'You're a Friend of Mine'

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/12/07 at 1:07 am

Yeah, I always liked that song.  Along with Somebody's baby, You're a friend of mine, and Running on empty

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/12/07 at 10:41 pm

I'm listening to Lwayers In Love, right now.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/15/07 at 5:58 pm

I liked this song. I remember seeing the video for it not too long ago on VH1 Classics. I also like "Somebody's Baby."

Check for new replies or respond here...