inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Disney's Halloween Treat (1982)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/30/07 at 6:36 pm

I use to watch this almost every Halloween with my brother. I never realised it was released the same here I was born. There were actually two different versions of it... read below (from Wikipedia)

Disney's Halloween Treat (1982) was a Halloween-themed clip show compiling Disney animated shorts involving spooky or supernatural themes. Both short cartoons and excerpted segments from Disney feature films were included in the special.

The forty-seven-minute version that originally aired on Halloween of 1982 featured a jack o'lantern puppet as its narrator, and was shown throughout the 1980s. A ninety-minute version in which the Magic Mirror (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) portrayed by the late Hans Conried served as its narrator aired numerous times on both ABC and the Disney Channel. The Magic Mirror version is properly known as A Disney Halloween. The home video that was released on VHS in 1984 features the jack o'lantern puppet rather than the Magic Mirror, although the Magic Mirror is the version that aired from 1983 to the late 1990s.

Subject: Re: Disney's Halloween Treat (1982)

Written By: woops on 10/30/07 at 6:57 pm

Don't think I've seen this, but I used to watch two Halloween themed Disney tapes that featured "Lonesome Ghosts", "Pluto's Judgement Day", "Donald Duck & The Gorilla",  "Trick or Treat", "Duck Pimples", and "Donald's Lucky Day".

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/30/07 at 7:53 pm

Don't think I've seen this, but I used to watch two Halloween themed Disney tapes that featured "Lonesome Ghosts", "Pluto's Judgement Day", "Donald Duck & The Gorilla",  "Trick or Treat", "Duck Pimples", and "Donald's Lucky Day".

Yes, I believe some of those were featured in the Disney Halloween Treat episodes. If you saw it, you wouldn't forget it. You would always remember the man in the mirror talk to you. He had a very distinct voice. It gave you the creeps, yet you knew he was just having fun.

Written By: Timm on 10/31/07 at 7:15 am

Don't recall that, maybe I saw it, but never thought much of it.

For me it was "Charlie Brown: The Great Pumpkin" Halloween special, and I recall a Fat Albert special as well.

Written By: star500 on 10/31/07 at 11:42 am

For me, it was always It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown as well and also the Garfield Halloween special. Does anyone remember that one? It used to actually scare me as a kid!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/02/07 at 9:56 pm

I use to watch this almost every Halloween with my brother. I never realised it was released the same here I was born. There were actually two different versions of it... read below (from Wikipedia)

Disney's Halloween Treat (1982) was a Halloween-themed clip show compiling Disney animated shorts involving spooky or supernatural themes. Both short cartoons and excerpted segments from Disney feature films were included in the special.

The forty-seven-minute version that originally aired on Halloween of 1982 featured a jack o'lantern puppet as its narrator, and was shown throughout the 1980s. A ninety-minute version in which the Magic Mirror (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) portrayed by the late Hans Conried served as its narrator aired numerous times on both ABC and the Disney Channel. The Magic Mirror version is properly known as A Disney Halloween. The home video that was released on VHS in 1984 features the jack o'lantern puppet rather than the Magic Mirror, although the Magic Mirror is the version that aired from 1983 to the late 1990s.

Is there any way I can get that on tape?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/04/07 at 4:06 am

I used to have a copy of this!

Except in lieu of the Magic Mirror, it was a talking pumpkin.
That was when I was 1st exposed to "A Night On Bald Mountain".

I LOVED that tape!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/04/07 at 4:11 pm

Is there any way I can get that on tape?

Some are being sold on Amazon.com by independent sellers - and going rather cheap. Yet, I wish I could really get a hold of the one with the magic mirror. That was the one that spooked me most.

Check for new replies or respond here...