inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does Duran Duran have like a serious crush on Britney and Lindsay, or something?

Written By: Rhodes_TaylorLuv07 on 11/07/07 at 7:34 am

:o Their new music video for "Falling Down" features this girl who ressembles Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan who is headed for rehab and they feature her nearly naked in a tub.  And they often say in interviews that they were the primary inspirations behind the video and every song on the album.  So, it scares me to think that of all the gorgeous women out there, these two pieces of crap are the objects of these 40-something's affections!  Also, I read Britney was also going to do a song on their new CD along with Justin.  I thought they wanted to work with TALENTED and PROFESSIONAL female artists for one of their songs, like Gwen Stefani, Lily Allen and Nelly Furtado.  Oh, Duran Duran....has it really come to this???

Subject: Re: Does Duran Duran have like a serious crush on Britney and Lindsay, or something?

Written By: Guest on 11/07/07 at 11:47 am

Nah! I doubt it! They all maybe feel sorry for them and maybe with their video they wanted to convey the message that these girls shouldn't be made fun of, but no I don't think they fancy Britney or Lindsay. As far as Britney working with them I read that too, but it was all a rumor, because the press figured they were already working with Justin Timberlake. But it's never gonna happen because she's a loser. I also read that she tried to grab at Simon at the Emmys party but he just ignored her. Does that tell you anythihng???

Subject: Re: Does Duran Duran have like a serious crush on Britney and Lindsay, or something?

Written By: snozberries on 11/07/07 at 7:27 pm

I think the video runs a little deeper than you think... I think the place we've come in the last two decades is scary....look at the women in the video they are young and beautiful yet seem to have nothing substantial going for them.

They should have everything but all they have is rehab... and look at the rehab its not glamourous or anything, its dark, dirty disgusting and not necessarily fixing anyone's problems.

These women are either the fans Duran Duran could have had if it were twenty years and at the very least... most likely the daughters of their original fans.... I think the band is silently shaking their heads at what they've become.

The most telling part of the video is in the opening and the closing... here you have a young starlett who has a person telling her she needs this... this is exactly what Lindsay and Brit need. Someone who is actually looking out for their interest rather than the next paycheck however it obviously pretty quickly that this guy doesn't give a crap about his star... he is in it for the next paycheck- perhaps she has to go rehab as part of a court order or perhaps its because she needs to for publicity's sake.. whatever the reason.... this place is less about the re and all about the hab... ;)

What's clear is he probably does coke- listen to the sniff as she exits the car- he definately isn't all that supportive since he is drinking alcohol before the door even closes and his first act when she gets out of rehab is to hand her a glass of alcohol.... how is that supportive.

No I think the video is nothing more than a social commentary about the objectification of women- and people who use them!

Thanks tho cuz I didn't know Duran Duran had a new album.

Check for new replies or respond here...