inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I found * BODY ON TAP * but memories make it expensive.

Written By: Studio101 on 11/10/07 at 11:43 am

Awesome 80's shampoo Body On Tap is indeed available for sale!! However, this site where it is available takes advantage of people's feeling of nostalgia and overcharges the heck out of their products. The products sometimes don't even look original because of updated packaging and modern design which in my opinion should lower the pricing. Afterall, looking at the original bottle of Body On Tap would have been a great part of bringing back that warm fuzzy feeling of yesteryear.

Alas, the site is what it is and if you think so much of certain products that you'd do anything to get your hands on them, then it may be worth it to you to pay almost $13.00 less shipping and handling for a normal size shampoo bottle of Body On Tap.

I already complained to the site. Maybe one day they will get enough compalints to lower their prices. Greedy businesspeople make me ill. The store is The Vermont Country Store.

Thanks for "listening". :)

Subject: Re: I found * BODY ON TAP * but memories make it expensive.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/07 at 11:47 am

Can this shampoo still be shipped to the UK?

Written By: Studio101 on 11/10/07 at 11:52 am

Perhaps. Check them out:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=796

Written By: Davester on 11/10/07 at 10:22 pm

The shampoo has the same name but it's obvious that this Body on Tap is made exclusively for this single business which explains it's high price and lack of availability anywhere else.  The only connection to the original 70s product is the name, but who knows what the ingredients are...

Check out this auction with the alleged real deal...

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-BODY-ON-TAP-SHAMPOO-MINT_W0QQitemZ130172525112QQihZ003QQcategoryZ106250QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/07 at 4:37 pm

Perhaps. Check them out:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=796
You have to phone for the details of posting abroad...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/07 at 5:35 pm

The funny thing is, I have never been to the Vermont Country Store-but have gone by it several times & I have known some people who work there. The problem with them, they have a tendency of overpricing things. Though, when I used to volunteer at the food shelf, they donated a bunch of stuff-but some of the stuff they donated were...well, let's just say some of the stuff was less than ideal. They donated a bunch of ladies undies for our clothing drive and 2 of the volunteers were able to put get into these things. 1 guy put both of his legs into one leg and another guy put both of his legs into the other and there was still a lot of room left over-NO JOKE!!!.  :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: KKay on 11/17/07 at 6:07 pm

I still buy Tab. It's expensive. so is Love's Baby Soft.
but it's the price I pay for being a 70s chick.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/30/07 at 4:06 am

I still buy Tab. It's expensive. so is Love's Baby Soft.
but it's the price I pay for being a 70s chick.

I just bought Love's Baby Soft at Wal-Mart (a small bottle) for like $2.59.  It smells just like I remember it.  I want to find a bottle of Heaven Scent but I'm sure e-bay will charge and arm and a leg for it.

What I'd REALLY like to find is the old pine-scented Herbal Essence shampoo (the dark green stuff).  But as with everything else, it's like 14 a bottle on e-bay, and it's a new version not the good old stuff.  lol

Why are we so sentimental for stuff like that?  ;)

Written By: ninny on 11/30/07 at 9:11 am

I just bought Love's Baby Soft at Wal-Mart (a small bottle) for like $2.59.  It smells just like I remember it.  I want to find a bottle of Heaven Scent but I'm sure e-bay will charge and arm and a leg for it.

What I'd REALLY like to find is the old pine-scented Herbal Essence shampoo (the dark green stuff).  But as with everything else, it's like 14 a bottle on e-bay, and it's a new version not the good old stuff.  lol

Why are we so sentimental for stuff like that?   ;)

I look for Love's Baby Soft every Christmas,then i buy it for my daughter,then when shes not around I go in and use some,because we both like it.

Check for new replies or respond here...