inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's TV

Written By: jeff on 11/15/07 at 8:42 pm

What 80's shows did you watch that you can't believe you watched (Think of Joanie Loves Chachie)

Subject: Re: 80's TV

Written By: johnny5alive on 11/16/07 at 1:33 am

i really didnt watch alot of tv in the 80's!  just married with children and  miami vice, and tj hooker,  and okay  knight rider too! lol!

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/16/07 at 8:20 am

Probably the one of the worst shows ever made:  Small Wonder.  Even at a young age I was fascinated by the cheese factor and I just couldn't stop watching. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/16/07 at 10:04 am

Punky Brewster

Written By: 84rules on 11/16/07 at 3:18 pm

Galactica 1980

Written By: Class of 84 on 11/16/07 at 6:39 pm

Freaking Silver Spoons :(

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/07 at 12:25 am

Silver Spoons for me too
Out of this World

Both Fantasy Island and the Love Boat started in the 70s but were still on in the 80s I continued to watch despite how bad they had gotten.

TJ Hooker

Dallas I watched it but NEVER liked it.... why did I do that??? Why do I still do that... it's an addiction I tell ya...

Growing Pains

The A Team

Knight Rider

Written By: robby76 on 11/17/07 at 4:35 am

I think I still like everything I used to back then. Sure some shows might not have stood the test of time, but I can still enjoy the nostalgia factor.

But to answer the question, it'll probably be some 80s cartoons. Great at the time, but as a 30 something, the storyline really has to be good to keep my attention.  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/18/07 at 8:49 pm

I watched Silver Spoons, but only cause I though Alphonso Riberio was cute.  :-*

Rick Shroeder too!  ;D

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/19/07 at 8:28 am

The 80s had the BEST TV EVER !!! Silver Spoons, "The Ricker..." At least the 80s kid stars were actually KIDS. So we grew up with them. Remember how much Ricky Shroeder changed over the course of the show?? Who can forget the horrifying transformation of the Facts of Life girls.  I loved Out of this World (that idea was around long before That's So Raven lol) Different Strokes, u name it...it was all great.

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/20/07 at 1:09 pm

Speaking of Growing Pains,  who remembers Brad Pitt when he made an appearance on Growing Pains? I thought he was related to Rob Lowe back then.

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/07 at 5:16 pm

Speaking of Growing Pains,  who remembers Brad Pitt when he made an appearance on Growing Pains? I thought he was related to Rob Lowe back then.

I remember Leo  8-P  and Matthew Perry on GP but not Brad Pitt....

Written By: whistledog on 11/20/07 at 5:21 pm

'The Greatest American Hero' for me.  This show was introduced in 1981 to fill the void that was left when shows like 'Wonder Woman' went off the air.  It was super cheese, but very entertaining.

I love how Ralph would scream with that scared look on his face whenever he flew ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/07 at 5:30 pm

'The Greatest American Hero' for me.  This show was introduced in 1981 to fill the void that was left when shows like 'Wonder Woman' went off the air.  It was super cheese, but very entertaining.

I love how Ralph would scream with that scared look on his face whenever he flew ;D

I watched them again when it was released on DVD I do enjoy a good superhero show... I especially enjoyed this because Ralph H.  ;) wasn't your average super hero. He was joe average and even after getting the super suit life wasn't perfect for him.. We always think if only we could ....then everything would be better...  Now we know that's not necessarily true.

Written By: whistledog on 11/20/07 at 6:10 pm

I watched them again when it was released on DVD I do enjoy a good superhero show... I especially enjoyed this because Ralph H.  ;) wasn't your average super hero. He was joe average and even after getting the super suit life wasn't perfect for him.. We always think if only we could ....then everything would be better...  Now we know that's not necessarily true.

I always wondered just how good would he have been in that suit had he not lost the instructions lol
He never could get the hang of that invisibility trick ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...