inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV movies of the '80s

Written By: star500 on 11/19/07 at 5:46 pm

Did anyone else tape a lot of TV movies in the '80s? My mom used to tape movies sometimes like twice a week or three times a week sometimes. We have a whole bunch of movies in my mom's room, inside her shelves. I will list some of the ones we taped that were the more popular ones:

Something About Amelia
Everybody's Baby: The Rescue of Jessica McClure
Bridesmaids
Love Lives On
Do You Know the Muffin Man?
Little Girl Lost
Mother and Daughter: The Loving War
Starcrossed (with James Spader)
Something Is Out There
From the Dead of Night
Fear Stalk

The list goes on and on and we even have some from the '90s and a couple from the '70s...not very many though. Does anyone here remember any of these movies?

Subject: Re: TV movies of the '80s

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/07 at 8:22 pm

Did anyone else tape a lot of TV movies in the '80s? My mom used to tape movies sometimes like twice a week or three times a week sometimes. We have a whole bunch of movies in my mom's room, inside her shelves. I will list some of the ones we taped that were the more popular ones:

Something About Amelia
Everybody's Baby: The Rescue of Jessica McClure
Bridesmaids
Love Lives On
Do You Know the Muffin Man?
Little Girl Lost
Mother and Daughter: The Loving War
Starcrossed (with James Spader)
Something Is Out There
From the Dead of Night
Fear Stalk

The list goes on and on and we even have some from the '90s and a couple from the '70s...not very many though. Does anyone here remember any of these movies?

She didn't happen to tape Last POW starring the Karate Kid himself Ralph Maccio?  It was from the 90s...

If so pls PM me.

I have do you know the muffin man too

I have a ton of others...
FireFighter with Nancy McKeon tho I recently re-taped it.
Indictment The McMartin Trial
ReUnion with Marlo Thomas (its not that great tho)
Live from Death Row
Fallen Angel
The Color of Courage
Roe Vs Wade
more that I can't think of

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/20/07 at 1:06 pm

Snozberrries, You read my mind I swear I was thinking about the Dana Hill (spelling) movie, Fallen Angel.  Dont forget all of the TV  movies that Ricky Schroeder was in, one in particular stands out in my mind: A Different Kind of Love.

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/07 at 5:24 pm

Snozberrries, You read my mind I swear I was thinking about the Dana Hill (spelling) movie, Fallen Angel.   Dont forget all of the TV  movies that Ricky Schroeder was in, one in particular stands out in my mind: A Different Kind of Love.

Yeah you got Dana Hill right... I remember some of the Rick Schroeder movies but not this one. I remember the one where he was kid who lied about his age to join the navy during the war but I think that was in the 90s.

I do remember A Question of Love with a very young Nancy McKeon.  Two women face the struggles of raising their children because of their lesbian relationship...crap I forgot... I have that on VHS...I think I'm gonna watch it as soon as I get the strength to crawl outta bed.

What about that movie with Jim Carey- Doing Time on Maple Drive....

I just imdb'd JC to make sure I had the title right... holy crap did you know he played a gang member in an episode of Happy Days...Fonzie the Flatfoot... that's probably the ep where Fonzie is a cop... Wasn't he challenged by that tool Kirk to take the jpb..its been a long time but Happy Days is on WGN in the middle of the night I think I will search & see if this ep is coming up soon.

Q

Check for new replies or respond here...