inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Philip Michael Thomas?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/19/07 at 7:43 pm

Hi Everyone.

I am a huge fan of the TV show Miami Vice and loved Philip Michael Thomas. I have a hard time finding websites for him because everyone likes Don Johnson. (I like him too!)

But I wondering if anyone knew of any sites devoted to Philip (maybe with pictures lol) and if so could you please post some of the links to them?

Thanks very much! I appreciate it!

Tiffeny AKA Apollonia1986 ;D

Subject: Re: Philip Michael Thomas?

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/07 at 8:30 pm

http://www.starpulse.com/Actors/Thomas,_Philip_Michael/Pictures/

http://www.myspace.com/philipmichaelthomasmagiquespaceship

Apparently he did the voice of Lance Vance in the Grand Theft Auto Game.... YAY I found something I like PMT in...

Written By: whistledog on 11/19/07 at 10:08 pm

I remember his short-lived (and unsuccessful) singing career.  Y'know, even though it was unsuccessful, he had more than one album

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/19/07 at 10:28 pm

I remember his really bad music video.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 11/19/07 at 10:30 pm

I remember his really bad music video.  ::)

The one where he's all sweaty, walking down those steps?  That was like so bad, you can't even call it bad becuase that's being too tame ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/19/07 at 10:32 pm

It's the super trippy video, with freaking laser.

Did he really plan on it be so crappy?

No pun intended.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv2iLzhS-Sg

Written By: whistledog on 11/19/07 at 10:33 pm

It's the super trippy video, with freaking laser.

Did he really plan on it be so crappy?

No pun intended.   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv2iLzhS-Sg

Too bad that laser didn't cut his vocal chords ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/19/07 at 10:40 pm

;D

Now that would have a real improvement.

But it's twice as bad as Heart Beat.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfV8j8NF00

Written By: whistledog on 11/19/07 at 10:42 pm

;D

Now that would have a real improvement.

I didn't mind Heartbeat, but knowing it was Don Johnson singing, made it somewhat of a laughing stock ;D

He actually had a second popular hit in 1989 with a Barbra Streisand Duet called 'Til I Loved You'

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/19/07 at 10:47 pm

I know, talk about your bad ideas.

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/20/07 at 1:03 pm

I didnt even know he attempted a singing career, but that man was gorgeous back in the day !!!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/20/07 at 4:33 pm

Wow guys! Thanks for all the links!

I think his singing and song was awful. But I like DJ's "Heartbeat".

It's a nice song to me! :)

;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/07 at 5:15 pm

thanks to this topic and that other one requesting the title of a song with a heartbeat in it (not DJ's song apparently) I haven't been able to get Heartbeat out of my head today...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/20/07 at 8:45 pm

I find that mind is about to explode, whenever I can't the song out of my mind.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/07 at 12:59 am

I find that mind is about to explode, whenever I can't the song out of my mind.

Tell me about it... normally I don't mind but its pure torture when I don't like the song.

Written By: Streethawk! on 01/04/08 at 6:50 pm

You know, I actually think Don Johnson is a great singer. I have no problem in admitting that I think Heartbeart is one of the best contributions to rock/rockpop music ever. People may mock him for his supposed lack of singing ability but the Allman brothers hired Don to work on their songs before Don had his own singing career, he also wrote and sang a song for a film he starred in "The Harrad Experiment" and in another film of his he wrote and sang a song, Going off memory I believe the film is A Boy and his Dog but Il have to check it out to be fully sure. He had 2 albums Heartbeat of which I have an autographed one and Let It Roll of which I also own. He did 2 tracks with Barbara Streisand also. One of his more obscure tracks is No Way Out which was a collaboration between Don Johnson and Tim Truman(Did the music for the 5th season of Miami Vice) and the song was featured on the 1st part of the Final MV ep, FreeFall. Its a great song, probably his best but never released. Another of his obscure tracks is Streetwise, Not featured on the Heartbeat album but used on the HBO (IIRC) Heartbeat full length video. He also did a song for his 90's series, Nash Bridges. I think he sung back-vocals on it though. I uploaded a load of DJ tracks to youtube, my ID is RoleyPoley1 if anyone wants to listen to them. I have an autographed DJ poster too.

Written By: tv on 01/04/08 at 7:08 pm

Radio Personality Michael Baisden used to say on his show to one of his guests on his radio show why do you need 3 names and than he would be like: Philip Michael Thomas.

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/08 at 9:32 pm

You know, I actually think Don Johnson is a great singer. I have no problem in admitting that I think Heartbeart is one of the best contributions to rock/rockpop music ever. People may mock him for his supposed lack of singing ability but the Allman brothers hired Don to work on their songs before Don had his own singing career, he also wrote and sang a song for a film he starred in "The Harrad Experiment" and in another film of his he wrote and sang a song, Going off memory I believe the film is A Boy and his Dog but Il have to check it out to be fully sure. He had 2 albums Heartbeat of which I have an autographed one and Let It Roll of which I also own. He did 2 tracks with Barbara Streisand also. One of his more obscure tracks is No Way Out which was a collaboration between Don Johnson and Tim Truman(Did the music for the 5th season of Miami Vice) and the song was featured on the 1st part of the Final MV ep, FreeFall. Its a great song, probably his best but never released. Another of his obscure tracks is Streetwise, Not featured on the Heartbeat album but used on the HBO (IIRC) Heartbeat full length video. He also did a song for his 90's series, Nash Bridges. I think he sung back-vocals on it though. I uploaded a load of DJ tracks to youtube, my ID is RoleyPoley1 if anyone wants to listen to them. I have an autographed DJ poster too.

Just when I got Heartbeat out of my head you go and shove it back in there... dang...

Check for new replies or respond here...