inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has anyone here seen the film, Lucas?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/25/07 at 4:56 pm

I just watched the film for the first time, and it was actually a pretty good film.

Subject: Re: Has anyone here seen the film, Lucas?

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/07 at 6:44 pm

Oh I love Lucas.... I thought Corey Haim was excellent in it... Keri Green & Charlie Sheen. It was a sweet innocent film about a young boy who doesn't fit in but painfully wants to be accepted.

I wish Haim had done more films like this one... then we might not have had to deal with that Two Coreys reality show this past summer.

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/25/07 at 8:15 pm

i don't know ,the bird always freaked me out in that movie... maybe i was too young for the adventure. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/07 at 12:29 pm

I thought it was a great flick. And I believe it has a very young Wynona Rider in it.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/07 at 12:39 pm

I thought it was a great flick. And I believe it has a very young Wynona Rider in it.

Cat

yes it did and who could tell by looking at her in that film that she would grow up to be beautiful,,, she was definitely awkward in it.  Courtney Thorne-Smith played Sheen's girlfriend too...

Haim made bad lifestyle choices so its obvious why he really didn't amount to much more but I wonder about Keri Green- I saw her in an ep of Law & Order but can't recall anything else she's done.... I thought she was good. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/07 at 1:07 pm

yes it did and who could tell by looking at her in that film that she would grow up to be beautiful,,, she was definitely awkward in it.  Courtney Thorne-Smith played Sheen's girlfriend too...

Haim made bad lifestyle choices so its obvious why he really didn't amount to much more but I wonder about Keri Green- I saw her in an ep of Law & Order but can't recall anything else she's done.... I thought she was good. 

I always like Keri Green. I remember her in a lot of things-Testimony, The Goonies, Summer Rental. I haven't seen her in a while.

Cat

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/26/07 at 1:52 pm

i don't know ,the bird always freaked me out in that movie... maybe i was too young for the adventure.

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/07 at 4:22 pm

I always like Keri Green. I remember her in a lot of things-Testimony, The Goonies, Summer Rental. I haven't seen her in a while.

Cat

Yeah I totally forgot she was in the Goonies SHAME  :-[N ME!  I don't remember seeing Summer Rental- John Candy right? 

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/26/07 at 4:45 pm

Anything with John Candy is great...Charlie Sheen always looks the same to me...

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/07 at 5:12 pm

Anything with John Candy is great...Charlie Sheen always looks the same to me...

Even tho Charlie and Emilio don't look alike they both look like their father weird!

Written By: whistledog on 11/26/07 at 5:15 pm

I saw this topic peeking out and all I could see was "Has anyone here seen" and I was gonna say "My Sweet Gypsy Rose" ;D

I have never seen Lucas, but I've always wanted to.  Anything with Charlie Sheen is great.  Always liked him :)

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/27/07 at 8:44 am

Whistle Dog: GREAT ONE...can we start a Tony Orlando thread..." Hey has anybody seen my sweet gypsy rose..well she's got rings on her fingers and bells on her toes..."  lol thanks for the laugh.

Snozberries: They do look like their father...Emilio looks JUST like his father. Very handsome.

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/27/07 at 8:53 am

Written By: Step-chan on 11/27/07 at 11:53 am

^ Someone's stuck.... (Shakes Bill to help get him back on track)

If that's the movie about the kid(who was very thin) wanting to be on the football team, then I have seen it. Not a particular favorite of mine, but I didn't hate it either.

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/07 at 3:29 pm

^ Someone's stuck.... (Shakes Bill to help get him back on track)

If that's the movie about the kid(who was very thin) wanting to be on the football team, then I have seen it. Not a particular favorite of mine, but I didn't hate it either.

that's the one- thanks for shaking bill I don't even remember a stupid bird in the film

Written By: Step-chan on 11/27/07 at 6:43 pm

that's the one- thanks for shaking bill I don't even remember a stupid bird in the film

You're welcome. :)

It was more that he posted the exact same post three times, I figure maybe his mind was frozen on one phrase. :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/07 at 7:44 pm

I figured he was trying to rile someone up and i was trying hard to ignore it but one more and I might have gone off...my tolerance scale has reset itself at zero...just in case he goes for that one last post.  ;)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/28/07 at 2:22 am

I discovered this '80s gem back in 2003. They were airing it a lot on AMC and I just happened to catch it in full one night. I was impressed. It really was a decent movie. Well, better than decent :) This may have began my love for '80s nostalgia. I started missing that era more and more by the end of 2003. 

Written By: ninny on 11/28/07 at 9:57 am

I love that movie, great life lessons.

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/28/07 at 11:38 am

I loved this movie.  I saw it in the theater when it first came out and actually cried when he went to his locker to find the football jacket and everyone was chanting "Lucas, Lucas...".

Written By: Todd on 11/28/07 at 7:22 pm

One of my faves from the 80s...I had such a crush on Keri Green after I saw her in that when it first came out at the theatres..  Also, the young Winona Ryder...that was her first movie role actually...  she was awkward yet still cute in that movie!

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/29/07 at 2:11 pm

Hmm Winona Ryder was the Natalie Portman of today.

Written By: snozberries on 11/29/07 at 5:22 pm

Hmm Winona Ryder was the Natalie Portman of today.

Doesn't that technically make Natalie Portman the Winona Ryder of yesterday?  ;)

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/29/07 at 11:27 pm

Creepy frikkin' movie.  All the wrong messages!

Lucas had the most valuable thing in the world: A great mind.

What he needed was the cajones to give the popular kids the finger and be his own man in the Nietschian ideal.  That's the story they shouldhave told  But nooooo!  He wants to suit up with the sadistic oafs on the football team, and for what?  To get himself a little piece of cheerleader tail.  So he gets himself stampeded and ends up on the critical care unit.  In the end what does he get?  Cheerleader tail?  Nooooooo!  A token football letter jacket.  And he jumps for joy.  Pathetic!

That's why I prefer "Revenge of the Nerds."  The brainy guys get abused by the footballers and their rotten coach so they decide to be themselves and use their ingenuity to run the jocks down and humiliate them.
;)

Written By: Davester on 11/29/07 at 11:57 pm

The only time I watched Lucas was when my girlfriend and I were cutting class.  Shown double-trouble with Pretty in Pink...

Uh, nerd joins football team, scores winning TD and becomes a hero..!  W-e-e-e-e-e..! :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/30/07 at 12:03 am

What he needed was the cajones to give the popular kids the finger and be his own man in the Nietschian ideal.  That's the story they shouldhave told  But nooooo!  He wants to suit up with the sadistic oafs on the football team, and for what?  To get himself a little piece of cheerleader tail.  So he gets himself stampeded and ends up on the critical care unit.  In the end what does he get?  Cheerleader tail?  Nooooooo!  A token football letter jacket.  And he jumps for joy.  Pathetic!

That's why I prefer "Revenge of the Nerds."  The brainy guys get abused by the footballers and their rotten coach so they decide to be themselves and use their ingenuity to run the jocks down and humiliate them.
;)

probably at the high school reunion Charlie sheen'll be bald and divorced, keri green will be fat, Courtney thorne smith will be a meth addict and Lucas will have a couple of hot chicks stepping out of his limo.... oh and Winnona will be hotter than both of those girls put together!  ;D

I liked the movie... the truth is you're right Lucas should have been satisfied with his brains and everyone should bow down to him but when you're that young all you want to be is popular  :( ....unfortunately we don't value what's really important until its too late...

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/30/07 at 10:38 am

Doesn't that technically make Natalie Portman the Winona Ryder of yesterday?  ;)

;D

I dont know Snozberries, lol..I confused my own self.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/14/07 at 7:03 pm

;)

That's a good point. In school I never bothered to fit in, which resulted in obvious teasing and bullying... Never liked sports either.

He just should've been himself.

I also love Revenge of the Nerds.

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/07 at 12:13 am

He just should've been himself.

It's so easier said than done tho... when you're that young being accepted can be seem like the most important thing... I was like that because we moved so much I tried too hard to make friends but I'd rather have quasi friends than no friends at all.... now I don't care I just want good friends... the quality of the friendship far outweighs the quantity

Written By: McDonald on 12/15/07 at 1:41 pm

This is one of my favourite 80's movies. It's a great story.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/15/07 at 4:24 pm

I saw the film earlier this year on cable. I had seen the film before some years ago, so I had forgotten what a sweet movie it was, and how many up and coming actors starred in the film!

Written By: Step-chan on 12/15/07 at 6:56 pm

It's so easier said than done tho... when you're that young being accepted can be seem like the most important thing... I was like that because we moved so much I tried too hard to make friends but I'd rather have quasi friends than no friends at all.... now I don't care I just want good friends... the quality of the friendship far outweighs the quantity

With me, I wasn't concerned with making friends like that. Especially if it meant trying to fit in. shudder

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/07 at 6:59 pm

that makes you better than the rest of us wannabes  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/07 at 11:20 pm

probably at the high school reunion Charlie sheen'll be bald and divorced, keri green will be fat, Courtney thorne smith will be a meth addict and Lucas will have a couple of hot chicks stepping out of his limo.... oh and Winnona will be hotter than both of those girls put together!  ;D

Nobody knows what became of Waldo!

Written By: Step-chan on 12/16/07 at 2:43 pm

that makes you better than the rest of us wannabes  ;)

It isn't being "better", it was just the way I went.

One of my co-workers doesn't understand why I don't support The Colts. She doesn't understand why I can't go with the flow. ::)

My sister was a wannabe in high school, although she would defend me.(No one but her was allowed to tease me)

Check for new replies or respond here...