inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cellophane Hair Treatments

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/08/07 at 5:52 pm

Hi Guys!

I was reading a magazine a while back and a lady mentioned that in the 80s she had had a red cellophane hair treatment that had made her hair red.

What exactly is a cellophane hair treatment? Did it give permanent color or temporary color or what?
I'm not too familiar wiht it.

If someone would please explain it to me, I'd kindly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

Tiffeny AKA Apollonia1986

Subject: Re: Cellophane Hair Treatments

Written By: Red Ant on 12/08/07 at 7:41 pm

I asked my mother, who has been a hairstylist for 44 years, about this. She's never done a "cellophane hair treatment". Dye and real Indian henna are all she has used to make hair red.

I did find this link re: cellophane hair treatment:

http://www.celebrity-beauty-tip-goldmine.com/make-your-hair-shine.html

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/08/07 at 7:43 pm

OMFG!  Those were nasty!
:D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/08/07 at 8:18 pm

Ok! Thanks guys!  ;D

Karma to both of you!

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/08/07 at 8:27 pm

They are used to add moisture to your hair; sort of like a hot oil treatment, but not so oily.  Someone in the 80's got the bright idea to add a slight color into the mix (I believe it was a vegetable-based dye that washed out after a few washes).   I got the bright idea to rinse this through my blond hair turning it pink, leading my mother to say "Wash that crap out of your hair, you look like an easter egg!"  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/10/07 at 4:13 pm

I like the idea of the color rinses. But I have black hair. Do you think that purple would have shown on my hair? LOL.  :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/10/07 at 7:27 pm

Only in the sun.  It was supposed to be subtle that way, but again, on a blond - not so subtle.

Check for new replies or respond here...