inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What memories does this song bring up: 18 and Life

Written By: Class of 84 on 12/11/07 at 9:27 pm

80's music means a lot because of the memories we associate with all the different songs. I thought it would be interesting to see what you all associate with "18 and life"

For me, it brings back the summer of 89 during my 2 weeks army training in Wisconsin. We were playing "POW camp" in the middle of nowhere, it was just turning dusk on a beautiful summer evening, and this song was blaring over the loudspeakers outside. I remember sitting back and thinking "ahhh, this is the life"

Subject: Re: What memories does this song bring up: 18 and Life

Written By: Davester on 12/12/07 at 4:29 am

The Skid Row song..?

Let's see...I was at a navy technical school in Millington, TN during the summer of '89.  Had just arrived there from my first overseas deployment.  Reminds me of clean (if not always sober) living in the barracks.  I think I had Skid Row's debut album.  Wife and I had separated the previous year.  Bought my first car that summer...

Not a bad time...

Written By: Dagwood on 12/12/07 at 4:21 pm

The hotness that was, and still is, Sebastian Bach.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/1luvu.gif

Written By: Gis on 12/12/07 at 4:29 pm

I was backpacking round America and I remember the video being on MTV all the time.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 12/12/07 at 5:40 pm

It reminds me of Sebastian Bach and that gret voice < and those tight *** leather pants>  Yummy! :D

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/12/07 at 8:02 pm

This song takes me back to the beginning of the 6th grade. Ahhh, Sebastian Bach....he was such a hottie!  :D

Written By: rsbryswrrl on 03/10/08 at 1:02 pm

It reminds me of teased up hair, tons of Aqua Net in the pink spray can (before we were worried about CFC's), tight jeans and/or miniskirts, f-me boots and tons of makeup.  Oh yeah, I was about 13 LOL.  I had posters of Sebastian Bach all over my wall.  We actually had a puppy when I was in 7th grade that I named Sebastian after him.  He passed away only a few weeks ago :(

I have mostly good memories of the times when this song was out, probably because I was too young to understand what it was really about!

Written By: Moon444 on 03/10/08 at 4:58 pm

The song for me brings up memories of it being one of the great metal songs of the late 80's. Good video too.

I can just picture Sebastian Bach belting out the song with his tight pants and long blond hair.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/10/08 at 7:41 pm

A kick ass song.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/12/08 at 7:53 pm

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/c/c2/WildStallyns.jpg
Duuuuuude!!!

Written By: midnite on 03/12/08 at 11:13 pm

LOL, Bill and Ted.  I actually loved the whole TAPE (yes, AUDIO TAPE) and listened to it all the time.  I tried listening again recently and couldnt get into it.  Reminds me of middle school.

Check for new replies or respond here...