inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Something you would do different.....

Written By: Class of 84 on 12/14/07 at 10:02 pm

If you could go back and relive the 80's, what's something you would do different?  I would certainly do my darndest to go to every concert I could. I actually only went to three, really regret not going more often. :\'(

Subject: Re: Something you would do different.....

Written By: Davester on 12/15/07 at 5:32 am

I regret leaving my '79 Mongoose in the bushes near my high school so I could attend a football game unencumbered...

It got stolen...

MotoMags, man.  MotoMags..!  :\'(

Written By: Brigitte on 12/15/07 at 6:47 am

I never went to my graduation dance in '84, I wish I did.

Written By: robby76 on 12/15/07 at 7:16 am

I would've never let my mother give away all my toys.  :(

Written By: karen on 12/15/07 at 8:24 am

Probably not a lot different.

If I'd stayed on at school and then gone to university the conventional route I wouldn't have met my husband.  My life might have been better but might have been a whole lot worse.  :-\\

Although more concerts would've been good.

Written By: Frank on 12/15/07 at 8:14 pm

I would had told Lisa how big a crush I had on her.... :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/07 at 11:17 pm

I'd get a calmer brain and a somewhat more sophistated way of expressing myself
:D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/16/07 at 5:14 am

I'd've stood up for myself more often, and not taken the shtuff all the kids would dish out at me.

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 12/16/07 at 9:45 am

I'd've stood up for myself more often, and not taken the shtuff all the kids would dish out at me.

I second that.  Same here.  I was such a glutton for punishment from a lot of other kids.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/16/07 at 4:27 pm

I wouldn't have gotten married.

Cat

Written By: Banks on 12/16/07 at 7:58 pm

I wouldve worked out a LOT, gotten buff, learned Karate from a younger age, and then kicked the butts of the kids who picked on me at school.

I wouldve collected a hell of a lot more singles and records than I did (though I have a pretty big collection as it is).

I wouldve collected more movies on video.

Video taped more stuff from TV including the adds.

But the biggest thing I wouldve done is to have made a LOT more home movies of my old home in Glendale where I grew up until I was 10...Interviewed my grandparents about their lives on video taoe and just generally filmed everyone and everything.

AN

Written By: Timm on 12/17/07 at 10:02 am

Would have practice my guitar more, it's alot harder now, but I'm getting there.

I would be more outgoing, I had alot of friendships, but I was shy so I stayed away from large gatherings and parties.

I would have gone to the school dances, and tried to enjoy my school career then.

I would have asked Dory out. :P

All in all though, I can't complain, I have alot of great memories, many that would not be if I had done some of those other thins, as well as some of my friendships would have been different.

We all are where we are at this moment in time, because of the decisions we made years ago. No matter how insignificant an event may seem, it may be a catalyst to another even in your life.

Written By: ninny on 12/17/07 at 11:02 am

If I knew in 1983 that I would meet my future husband in 1987,I wouldn't of chased after the losers I liked back then.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/17/07 at 7:47 pm

I would have gotten into Michael Jackson sooner and have tried more daring hairdos and outfits. (Or as daring as a three year old could have gotten in 1989! LOL!)

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/17/07 at 8:09 pm

I wished I was a little older in the early 80's to truly enjoy it (even if it means being older than I am now!).

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/17/07 at 9:57 pm

I would have went to prom by myself anyways.  (Mom made me break up with my boyfriend about a month before prom my senior year.)
I probably wouldn't have broken up with said boyfriend (Mom just didn't want me moving to California and leaving home after I graduated high school.)

I would enjoy more time in video arcades then I did (which actually was alot of time anyways) but had I known they would all more or less disappear...gosh I'd have appreciated them even more.)

I would not have gotten that first credit card which lead to others so young into my working life and had been more responsible with my credit.  :(

Written By: Davester on 12/18/07 at 2:08 am

And another thing - I'd take more pictures and have more pictures taken with friends...

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/18/07 at 3:50 am

And another thing - I'd take more pictures and have more pictures taken with friends...

I would have loved to have had more friends......

Written By: Class of 84 on 12/18/07 at 8:38 pm

Thanks for all the great responses!  :) 

I agree with the credit card comment. I also wish I had NEVER gotten caught up with those first credit cards, to be used for "emergencies". It's amazing how buying a walkman radio constitutes an emergency when you want it to.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/07 at 11:21 pm

I'd've tried harder in high school
Gone to LA and got into TV production
Invested in Apple
Bought a crap load of .com address and retired a zillionaire  by 1995....

oh yeah and all the crap I collect... I would've found Ebay in its first month and sold it at a time when you could still make money on it!!!

Written By: knarla on 12/31/07 at 4:43 pm

If you could go back and relive the 80's, what's something you would do different?  I would certainly do my darndest to go to every concert I could. I actually only went to three, really regret not going more often. :\'(
Don't feel too bad- If I could go back, I would have gone to LESS concerts, and finished nursing school a heck of alot earlier. I really got into the 80s alternative scene, spent alot of time & money, and could answer alot of trivia, but........

Written By: knarla on 12/31/07 at 4:49 pm

Excellent answer. My friends always ask for pics of the "kool aid hair color days" but I was simply too cool for photos the "establishment" would someday use against me. Then I went & married a federal agent!

Written By: Davester on 01/01/08 at 11:13 pm

Excellent answer. My friends always ask for pics of the "kool aid hair color days" but I was simply too cool for photos the "establishment" would someday use against me. Then I went & married a federal agent!

Thanks...

I went camera shy in the 80s for some reason, probably too cool for school like you!  Most piccys stop in '81 and resume again in '91...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/01/08 at 11:27 pm

I think I probably wouldn't have been so antisocial.

Written By: Timm on 01/02/08 at 8:00 am

Yes, those early credit nightmares.  :(

I learned, and I put myself on a hardcore budget for 3 years, and got myself out of my ever mounting CC debt about 6-7 years ago.

Funny thing is, now that I don't have CC payments, I always have the cash to buy the things I was using my CC for. :)

Written By: KKay on 01/02/08 at 8:26 am

joined a band
reconsidered my wardrobe
taken career choices seriously
voted

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 01/04/08 at 7:39 am

I wouldn't have gotten married.

Cat

Yep I second that one - I wouldnt have ended the 80s by getting married.

And maybe in the earlier 80s I would have made an attempt to stay and finish school.

Other than that - I partied with millionaires and celebs and went to at least 80 concerts. So no regrets at all there.

Written By: Class of 84 on 01/04/08 at 6:06 pm

Oh do tell!

Check for new replies or respond here...