inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Alarm Song Poll

Written By: cinnabon on 01/05/08 at 3:40 pm

For those who may not remember or be familiar with this band, the Alarm was a Welsh rock group who kind sounded somewhat like U2 that enjoyed a cult following in the US during the mid to late 80's.  I enjoyed watching their appearance on VH1's Bands Reunited a few years ago and have also rediscovered their music recently on one of my digital cable music channels called retroactive, where you can hear all the best new wave, early alternative, and punk tunes.

It's hard for to pick any faves because I think all their songs are great, but I will vote for The Stand and Rain in the Summertime.

Subject: Re: The Alarm Song Poll

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/05/08 at 8:03 pm

I recall the Alarm, although I can't pin down specific songs of theirs.  I never got to hear as much of them as I wanted.  I remember my impression at the time was very favorable, and I expected them to "take off".  I wonder whatever happened to them?

Written By: nally on 01/05/08 at 8:04 pm

I vote for "Rain In The Summertime."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/05/08 at 8:35 pm

STRENGTH

Great angst rock!

Written By: cinnabon on 01/05/08 at 9:02 pm

I recall the Alarm, although I can't pin down specific songs of theirs.  I never got to hear as much of them as I wanted.  I remember my impression at the time was very favorable, and I expected them to "take off".  I wonder whatever happened to them?

From what information I got on the retroactive digital music channel, the Alarm broke up in 1991 and lead singer Mike Peters released a solo album a few years later. And I also saw the band get back together on VH1's Bands Reunited series in early 2004 and play a small reunion concert.  8)

Written By: whistledog on 01/05/08 at 10:46 pm

I picked other:  'Where Were You Hiding When the Storm Broke?'

'Sold Me Down the River' was their lone Top 40 hit here in Canada

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/05/08 at 11:05 pm

I also went for other with "Where Were You Hiding When The Storm Broke" although I like most of their stuff.

Written By: Davester on 01/05/08 at 11:08 pm

Rain in the Summertime...

I like the guitar work...

Check for new replies or respond here...