inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thriller Party!! 25th Anniversary of MJ's Thriller

Written By: Pete on 01/10/08 at 2:53 pm

In February 2008 Epic/Legacy Recordings will release Thriller 25 -a newly expanded deluxe edition of the world’s biggest-selling album of all time. And the fans are going to celebrate this historic album, video, and the man that made it all happen - The King Of Pop, Michael Jackson. Thriller 25- Fan Celebration is just what it says. A good old fashioned fan gathering in the heart of New York City. A night for MJ fans, Thriller fans, or "children of the 80's" to come out and support the Greatest Entertainer of All Time. There will be drinks, snacks, performers, & memorabilia. Costumes are very welcome!!! Admission is $10. Limited Space Available.
For Ticket resrvations, e-mail NeverlandMJ@aol.com

MORE INFO:
www.myspace.com/thriller25fanevent

Subject: Re: Thriller Party!! 25th Anniversary of MJ's Thriller

Written By: Davester on 01/11/08 at 1:33 am

A deluxe edition of Thriller sounds good to me.  I might just pick it up...

Written By: KKay on 01/11/08 at 9:44 am

it sounds fun..i have to sa I think it was the last good thing that MJ put out.

Written By: Gis on 01/11/08 at 4:29 pm

We were watching the Thriller video last week as one of the youngsters I work with had never seen it before!  :o  Now that did make me feel old!

Written By: robby76 on 01/12/08 at 9:05 pm

It does look like a good re-package. I may just pick this up too, moreso for the great sleeve and bonus dvd.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/13/08 at 5:26 pm

Okay, I've been comtemplating it, and I guess I'll get the Thriller package too. I already have three different Thrillers (cassette, cd, and Special Edition cd)

But I like MJ and I think I'd be a bad fan to not get it. Thriller is his crowing acheivement.

And my friends and I are having our own Thriller party.  :)

Written By: Davester on 01/13/08 at 7:33 pm

I've never owned a MJ album, but I do like most all of the songs on Thriller.  I'd also like to check out the video that I waited all day and all night to watch on MTV...but only sweet JC knows why...

And my friends and I are having our own Thriller party.  :)

Groove on, Ap... ;)

Written By: robby76 on 01/14/08 at 1:35 am

Just the other day PYT came on the radio and I forgot how good it was. I love the bit at 3:16 mins... so funky - what a genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLgRjEC6VGg

My fave track from Thriller is "Wanna Be Startin' Something". I also remember dressing up as a zombie and re-enacting the Thriller video (which I took out of the video store almost every week  :D).

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/14/08 at 8:00 pm

@Davester:

Thanks! We always have a blast.  ;D What video did you wait for?

And my fave track off of "Thriller" is "The Lady in My Life". That song is so sweet and warm. I love it. I think MJ should perform it live sometime.  ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/14/08 at 8:07 pm

@Davester:

And my fave track off of "Thriller" is "The Lady in My Life". That song is so sweet and warm. I love it. I think MJ should perform it live sometime.  ;)

You know, what's ironic is that song is one of the only two that WEREN'T singles! The other is "Baby Be Mine". Sometimes I tend to forget about those. As far as the 7 hits, I probably listen to "PYT" the least.

As far as people having not seen the "Thriller" video, I really don't think that's a good barometer for most people. Aside from being a general pop culture phenomenon, it was in constant rotation on MTV and VH1 well into the '90s...even early '00s a little bit, so people had lots of chances to see it.

I know a girl born in 1986 who says she "grew up" with him, and that's what I mean. She probably saw it in the '90s.

Written By: Davester on 01/15/08 at 12:25 am

@Davester:

I waited for the world premiere of the Thriller video, which was actually more like a short film.  It was a big deal, to be sure...

MTV aired it late at night (midnight?), early December '83, and I waited up late to watch it and nothin' was gonna stop me..!

"Beat It" might be my fave from Thriller.  My girlfriend in the 8th grade used to listen to "PYT" all the time.  And she was... ;)

Written By: Davester on 01/15/08 at 12:29 am

MTV used to be so much fun... :\'(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/15/08 at 8:37 pm

Sounds cool.

Check for new replies or respond here...