inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Coleco table top arcade games

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/12/08 at 12:43 am

So, did any of you have these when you were younger? I had the Ms. PacMan one...it basically rocked more than anything. I really want to get one again...they have them on Ebay.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9608/333d1gd0.jpg

Subject: Re: Coleco table top arcade games

Written By: johnny5alive on 01/12/08 at 9:52 am

i had the regular colecovision, with donkey kong and  missile command and a few others i cant remember!

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/08 at 12:44 pm

ah yes the original game boy!  I remember these.  I thought it was so cool when they first came out. Who knew technology would advance the way that it has... I guarantee V. is going to laugh at you if you pick one up on eBay.

Written By: Davester on 01/13/08 at 12:21 am

Didn't have one, but I r-e-e-e-ally wanted one...

Written By: whistledog on 01/13/08 at 1:35 am

I never had one, but one of my friends had two of them.  This was however in the late 80s when you could find them at flea markets and such for a song.  If I ever see one at a flea market or a garage sale, etc, if the price is not ridiculous, Ima gonna get me one :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/13/08 at 2:46 pm

I still have the Pac-Man game. 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/13/08 at 7:31 pm

I really loved playing the Ms. PacMan one that I had, when I was younger. I would love to get another one! :)

Written By: eugoldlareg on 01/13/08 at 9:53 pm

I used to have the Pac-Man game.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/14/08 at 9:11 pm

I really loved playing the Ms. PacMan one that I had, when I was younger. I would love to get another one! :)

You'll have to get it out of my Mom's cold dead hands.  It's one of those things she was "holding" for my kids.  (A.K.A. coveting) ::)

Written By: midnite on 01/14/08 at 9:20 pm

Wow!!! Blast from the past.  I had Donkey Kong and played it ALL the time.  I loved it! 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/14/08 at 11:01 pm

You'll have to get it out of my Mom's cold dead hands.  It's one of those things she was "holding" for my kids.  (A.K.A. coveting) ::)

I wish I would have taken better care of mine...some girl that I used to know broke it! >:(

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/08 at 11:06 pm

I wish I would have taken better care of mine...some girl that I used to know broke it! >:(

probably cuz you stole her cabbage patch figurines  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/14/08 at 11:06 pm

probably cuz you stole her cabbage patch figurines  ;D

hahaaha...good one!! ;) ;D Unfortunately, it was a different girl though! :D

Written By: Davester on 01/15/08 at 1:20 am

I never had one, but one of my friends had two of them.  This was however in the late 80s when you could find them at flea markets and such for a song.  If I ever see one at a flea market or a garage sale, etc, if the price is not ridiculous, Ima gonna get me one :)

When those things first came out I WANTED ONE.  To play Ms. Pac all day, every day would've been a dream come true...

Asking for one of those Coleco tabletops was akin to asking for a helicopter.  Wasn't gonna happen...

Written By: Midas on 01/15/08 at 11:06 am

My best friend back then had the Pac-Man and Galaxian tabletop games.  The sounds were pretty obnoxious from what I remember.  I have Galaxian for the PS2 and the sound is still pretty annoying. ;D

Written By: Atari on 02/12/08 at 12:26 am

I had all but the Donkey Kong unit. Never was much of a fan of that game until years later.

I also had a ton of those Mattel handhelds that came out in the early 80s. I was a gaming fiend back then...

Written By: wildcard on 02/12/08 at 1:05 am

No but I still have the Donkey Kong Coleco by Nintendo cartrage for Intellivision.  Were missing the right kind of cord and cant find one that will work so we have no idea if the game or unit still works.  The box top is still in okay shape.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/08 at 4:53 am

No but I still have the Donkey Kong Coleco by Nintendo cartrage for Intellivision.  Were missing the right kind of cord and cant find one that will work so we have no idea if the game or unit still works.  The box top is still in okay shape.

have you checked Ebay, to see if you could find it?

Written By: Davester on 02/12/08 at 11:44 am

I had all but the Donkey Kong unit. Never was much of a fan of that game until years later.

I also had a ton of those Mattel handhelds that came out in the early 80s. I was a gaming fiend back then...

Sup Atari... 8)

While not Mattel, I had this one.  Christmas '80, I believe...

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/images/Potpourri%20Page/tandy-football2.JPG

Look familiar..?

Written By: Atari on 02/13/08 at 11:31 am

Sup Atari... 8)

While not Mattel, I had this one.  Christmas '80, I believe...

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/images/Potpourri%20Page/tandy-football2.JPG

Look familiar..?

Yes I do. Radio Shack/Tandy cloned a ton of those handhelds. That was a clone of the Coleco Head To Head Football game. I think there was Hockey, Soccer, Baseball, and Basketball too. I had the Coleco Hockey game:

http://retrogamescatalog.com/acatalog/310107HH-Colecohead2headhockeypic1.jpg

Written By: nally on 02/15/08 at 12:39 am

I had a Coleco table top game in the late 1980's, but it wasn't an arcade game. It was a hockey game where you could move the players around with knobs and long sticks. It was fun to play....I got rid of it in about 1992 or so.

Check for new replies or respond here...