inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Family Feud All-Star Challenge

Written By: whistledog on 01/15/08 at 11:18 am

OK, so this needs a thread of it's own.  Recently, a 4-DVD set was released that compiled episodes of the Richard Dawson era Family Feud where the casts of TV shows would compete to win money for charities.  These episodes were known as the Family Feud all-star challenge

http://cover6.cduniverse.com/CDUCoverArt/video/Large/7547237.jpg

On this set, you get to see early appearances of stars you probably didn't know were on this show or that show, or even were in a series. 

Such shows include ...

Angie, Eight is Enough, Barney Miller, Three's Company, The Love Boat, The Ropers, Family, The Jeffersons, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Waltons, WKRP in Cincinnati, Soap, Real People, Welcome Back, Kotter, It's A Living, What's Happening, General Hospital, All My Children, One Day At A Time, Benson

and such cast reunions that include ...

Leave it to Beaver, Your Hit Parade, The Brady Bunch, Petticoat Junction, Batman, Gilligan's Island

Did you know that Richard Dean Anderson used to be on General Hospital?  Neither did I.  When the General Hospital cast came out, Gene Wood announced him as Rick Anderson.  Plus, watching the Soap cast compete was very entertaining ... seeing Arthur Peterson actually form complete sentences that made sense.  If you ever watched Soap, you remember him as a senile old war hero lol

One thing about this set is that if you want to play along at home, just remember that these episodes took place between 1979-1985, so some answers today might not have existed back then ;D

Subject: Re: Family Feud All-Star Challenge

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/08 at 2:28 pm

yeah...now that I will be checking out!!!!

Written By: ninny on 01/15/08 at 2:38 pm

Those were good times back then watching that program,I use to enjoy the celebrity shows. I also enjoyed The Battle of The Network Stars.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/08 at 3:26 pm

Is Family Feud the same format as Family Fortunes in the UK

Written By: whistledog on 01/15/08 at 3:35 pm

Is Family Feud the same format as Family Fortunes in the UK

No.  Family Fortunes is the same format as Family Feud in the US :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/08 at 3:36 pm

No.  Family Fortunes is the same format as Family Feud in the US :D
You know what I mean!

Written By: whistledog on 01/15/08 at 3:50 pm

You know what I mean!

I do yes :)

Family Feud spawned Family Fortunes

Written By: cinnabon on 01/15/08 at 4:40 pm

I remember watching a week of Family Feud shows with two teams of game show hosts competing against each other -

one team consisted of Peter Marshall, Leslie Uggams, Bert Parks, Tom Kennedy, and Jim Lange

the other team was Betty White, Bill Cullen, Nipsey Russell, Jim Perry, and Bob Eubanks

that was one of the most enjoyable all-celeb feuds I saw.

Check for new replies or respond here...