inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi Ad. Which company did this belong to?

Written By: Willy on 01/16/08 at 6:35 pm

Late 80s & early 90s I saw these commercial with this reoccuring static looking guy.  The ad had an animated guy with sunglasses in it with blond hair that appeared to be made out of static rays from a tv set.  He was at one time the centerpiece of advertising for whatever drink company he was with.  I'd appreciate any help

Subject: Re: Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi Ad. Which company did this belong to?

Written By: Lindee on 01/16/08 at 8:00 pm

That was Max Headroom and it was for Pepsi

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/16/08 at 10:08 pm

That was Max Headroom and it was for Pepsi

That was M-M-M-Max Headroom all right, but the ad was for C-C-C-Coke. Part of their "Catch The Wave" campaign.
They also brought him back to hawk Diet Coke during the '88 p-p-p-presidential race.

Your Pal,
D-D-D-Doc

8)

Written By: Lindee on 01/17/08 at 9:51 am

That was M-M-M-Max Headroom all right, but the ad was for Coke. Part of their "Catch The Wave" campaign.
They also brought him back to hawk Diet Coke during the '88 p-p-p-presidential race.

Your Pal,
D-D-D-Doc

8)

Sorry about that. I knew it was Max Headroom but asked my husband which soda it was and he said Pepsi.

Written By: Timm on 01/17/08 at 12:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzxHDqUz8Sk&feature=related

Written By: johnny5alive on 01/17/08 at 8:51 pm

anyone remember that art of noise video they did with him in it?  i know i have it somewhere on tape, but cant quite remember the name of the song,  i think it was paronormia or something like that

Written By: Davester on 01/17/08 at 9:20 pm

anyone remember that art of noise video they did with him in it?  i know i have it somewhere on tape, but cant quite remember the name of the song,  i think it was paronormia or something like that

Sure do remember that.  It was Paranoimia...

Check for new replies or respond here...