inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember the show Finders Keepers?

Written By: cinnabon on 01/19/08 at 7:03 am

the basic premise of this show was kids being able to trash a single room in a makeshift house in order to win cash - it ran for 2 season of original episodes from 1987-89 on Nickelodeon and in syndication respectively, with Wesley Eure hosting the first season and Larry Toffler hosting the second.  If this show was available on DVD, I would snatch it up in a heartbeat!  8)

Subject: Re: Anyone remember the show Finders Keepers?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/19/08 at 9:38 pm

the basic premise of this show was kids being able to trash a single room in a makeshift house in order to win cash - it ran for 2 season of original episodes from 1987-89 on Nickelodeon and in syndication respectively, with Wesley Eure hosting the first season and Larry Toffler hosting the second.  If this show was available on DVD, I would snatch it up in a heartbeat!  8)

yes...that was a great show. A few years ago I had digital cable and we had that Nickelodeon Gas channel...and they used to run repeats of it...it was fun to watch.

Written By: teababe27 on 01/19/08 at 9:48 pm

I watched it on the Nickelodeon Gas channel.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/20/08 at 4:58 am

I tried to get on it, but alas...I was deemed a little too old...just like "American Idol", which is why I'm boycotting it.

Written By: robby76 on 01/20/08 at 6:30 am

Yep I remember it. There was also a UK version which ran much longer from 1991-96.

Anyway here's the house...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/FindersKeepersHouse.jpg

Written By: wildcard on 01/20/08 at 2:21 pm

I use to watch it sometimes 

Written By: nally on 02/01/08 at 12:32 am

I seem to vaguely remember watching it during its original run...but we didn't have cable then. I might've watched it at a friend's house or something. It was another one of those "kid-oriented" game shows of the late 80's, along with "Double Dare" and "Fun House", both of which I remember at that time. FH had a similar purpose in its bonus round.

Check for new replies or respond here...