inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Grease 2--Good movie or Not?

Written By: star500 on 02/09/08 at 2:14 pm

Does anyone here think Grease 2 is a good movie? I personally really like it, even a little better then the original. Don't get me wrong, the first Grease is a classic and in it's own way, it's quite good. I just found it funnier, the guys were hotter, the girls were prettier (aside from Paulette who looked like she was 45, lol) and the songs were better. I always wished they made a Grease 3. That would have been really cool. I know a lot of people call High School Musical the next Grease movie but it's not really a sequel, it's a totally different idea. Same with the 2nd High School Musical.

Subject: Re: Grease 2--Good movie or Not?

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/08 at 3:14 pm

I liked it.  It was incredibly cheesy and I love cheesy movies.

Written By: cinnabon on 02/09/08 at 4:42 pm

Does anyone here think Grease 2 is a good movie? I personally really like it, even a little better then the original. Don't get me wrong, the first Grease is a classic and in it's own way, it's quite good. I just found it funnier, the guys were hotter, the girls were prettier (aside from Paulette who looked like she was 45, lol) and the songs were better. I always wished they made a Grease 3. That would have been really cool. I know a lot of people call High School Musical the next Grease movie but it's not really a sequel, it's a totally different idea. Same with the 2nd High School Musical.

It was OK but not as good as the original.  Anyway, I remember them talking about a few years ago about making another Grease sequel, this time bringing back Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta and setting it in the 70's disco era - they might as well remake Saturday Night Fever if they're going to do that.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/08 at 5:57 pm

OH MAN I SOOOOOOO LOOOVVVVEEEE GREASE 2!!!

okay I've calmed down now!  ;D

I absolutely love it more than Grease.

I have seen Grease maybe 10 times and (no exaggeration) G2 about 100. I have it on VHS, LaserDisc, and DVD! I watch it every time its on cable...well its on a lot- so maybe I watch it every time i notice it's on but not every time it airs.

Actually watching Grease again maybe a year ago I was surprised at how raunchy it is. Grease 2 is funny, cleaner and has better music.
Cool Rider and Who's That Guy are my favorite songs.

Pam Segall who played Dolores Rebchuck is now Pam S. Aldon and is the voice of Bobby Hill
Lorna Luft (Paulette) is Judy Garland's daughter (and Liza's sister)
Chris McDonald (Goose) and Peter Frechette (DiMucci)  have co-starred in many TV shows and movies
Maureen Teffy (Sharon) was in another of my favorite 80's movies Fame as (Doris)
Adrian Zmed was such a HOTTIE! with his sideways belt buckle
Maxwell Caulfield was even hotter
the Sagal twins had that great casting story...each getting called back for the same role on opposite coasts and then ended up casting both!

and of course the star Michelle Pfeiffer I hope she isn't embarrassed this in on her resume... I'd be more embarrassed about BAD CATS.    ;D

If I had the time I'd start throwing out my favorite quotes but alas I am at work and not even supposed to be online so you all have been saved from my obsession.

One more thing though... I used to keep my vhs copy in my locker at work and on graves I would pop it in and then turn my back on it....my 
computer was situated in a way that the TV was behind me so I couldn't watch TV just listen to it.  I was sitting at my work station G2 going in the background and I was quoting the film line for line.  One of the officers came in and looked at me for a few minutes... I was engrossed and didn't notice him there. Finally he asked me what I was doing.... I said I am quoting G2 because I can't watch it right now.

One night as practice for my script writing class I began reconstructing the G2 script (complete with direction from memory. I never finished it but it was pretty good.

Q = SICK & TWISTED!  :D

Written By: loki 13 on 02/09/08 at 6:37 pm

Pam Segall who played Dolores Rebchuck is now Pam S. Aldon and is the voice of Bobby Hill

I think it's kind of funny to hear Pam Aldon, who has done many voice overs on kids cartoons like,
Lilo & Stitch: The Series, Chicken Little, Rugrats and 101 Dalmations: The Series, curse like a sailor
on the HBO series Lucky Louie.

Back on topic: My wife is a fan of Grease 2, she'll watch it every time it's on. I think her favorite song
in the movie is "Cool Rider."

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/08 at 6:50 pm

I think it's kind of funny to hear Pam Aldon, who has done many voice overs on kids cartoons like,
Lilo & Stitch: The Series, Chicken Little, Rugrats and 101 Dalmations: The Series, curse like a sailor
on the HBO series Lucky Louie.

Back on topic: My wife is a fan of Grease 2, she'll watch it every time it's on. I think her favorite song
in the movie is "Cool Rider."

and Recess...you forgot recess  :)

you know that scene in Risky Business with Tom in the Living Room dancing to Old Time Rock & Roll?

That was me in my living room almost everyday after school to the Cool Rider Song. I used to dance the whole thing out and would perform it for a friend...she still laughs at me for that.  :-[

I wore pants tho  ;D

*Karma*

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/08 at 7:34 pm

If I had the time I'd start throwing out my favorite quotes but alas I am at work and not even supposed to be online so you all have been saved from my obsession.

You mean like "We're going to die and I'm wearing my mothers underwear"? ;D  One of my favorite lines in the movie.

Written By: gibbo on 02/09/08 at 9:46 pm

OH MAN I SOOOOOOO LOOOVVVVEEEE GREASE 2!!!

okay I've calmed down now!   ;D

I absolutely love it more than Grease.

I have seen Grease maybe 10 times and (no exaggeration) G2 about 100. I have it on VHS, LaserDisc, and DVD! I watch it every time its on cable...well its on a lot- so maybe I watch it every time i notice it's on but not every time it airs.

Actually watching Grease again maybe a year ago I was surprised at how raunchy it is. Grease 2 is funny, cleaner and has better music. l Rider and Who's That Guy are my favorite songs.

You've almost convinced me to watch it. I never gave it a chance. Loved the first movie for the two major stars and the music (several of them were big hits on the radio). I didn't know Pfieffer or Caulfield at the time and I can't remember any tunes played on the radio (here at least) and decided it was living up to the 'flop' tag. Also, because the original was not so clean I assumed G2 would be dirtier (not that I'm adverse to such things ...if done distastefully enough) but I have kids and would hate to see them turn out anything like me!!!

Written By: Gis on 02/10/08 at 4:28 am

I do like it but not as much as Grease. It could do with loosing the over long 'Girl for all seasons' bit in my opinion. 

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 02/10/08 at 6:08 am

I think it's a good movie. :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/08 at 1:56 pm

Aw Gis I love Girl For All Seasons in all its incantations... My one regret is that the oft overlooked "Brad" was not included in the soundtrack!

If any of you sew... I have been longing for a replica of Stephanie's bowling shirt for 25 years

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/poopers79/grease2.jpg

sorry I can't find a better image than this one.

Written By: Timm on 02/11/08 at 7:49 am

I liked it, and occasionally will watch a it of it when it comes on some channel, but I think Grease 1 was better overall.

G2 was a bit cheesy in some aspects, the whole heaven scene during Girl for all seasons was way cheesy.

But who can forget.....Reproduction!!! :)

Written By: Atari on 02/12/08 at 12:02 am

It's 80s, and it's really bad. I like it  ;D

The funniest part is the Turn Back scene, though. Horrible singing, and that scene where Michael is standing on the cycles cracks me up everytime!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/08 at 5:50 am

OMG!!!!! I can share Q's excitement..as, this is one of my favorite movies! I love the songs, the actors, the....EVERYTHING! Maxwell Caulfield is a god! :) :-* :-* :-*

Oh, thanks for the tidbits of info, Q...I didn't know half of that. :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/08 at 3:51 pm

But who can forget.....Reproduction!!! :)

Ha ha, I love that song and 'Score tonight'. I suppose I just considered 'Grease 2' to be more of the same thing though Caulfield or Pfieffer didn't really have the same charisma Travolta or Newton John had.

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/08 at 8:27 pm

OMG!!!!! I can share Q's excitement..as, this is one of my favorite movies! I love the songs, the actors, the....EVERYTHING! Maxwell Caulfield is a god! :) :-* :-* :-*

Oh, thanks for the tidbits of info, Q...I didn't know half of that. :)

Sometimes I just like to hear myself "talk"  all this useless knowledge is stuck in my head and I have to get it out when I can...It's nice to know someone out there appreciates it!  :)  I think I scare some people away with my enthusiasm!  ;D

Written By: slipperryperry on 02/16/08 at 10:39 pm

Somewhat off topic.....

I think the coolest "Cheese" movie of the 80's is So Fine.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/19/08 at 11:03 pm

NNNNOT!!!
8-P

Furthermore, the original movie is also a piece of crap and so is the stage musical.

Just my arbitrary opinion, I don't mean to offend Grease fans or Greenspans or what have you.

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 03/05/08 at 7:04 pm

HELL NO!!!!!

That movie sucked!!!  I like the first one better.

Written By: snozberries on 03/06/08 at 9:57 am

HELL NO!!!!!

That movie sucked!!!  I like the first one better.

Aw and I used to like you so much  ;) 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/01/08 at 1:17 am

I was looking at Grease 2 on IMDB.com and stumbled upon this quote from Michelle Pfeiffer regarding a possible remake of Grease (featuring Jessica Simpson as Sandy):

Michelle Pfeiffer is desperate to star in a remake of seventies movie musical Grease - and she wants Jessica Simpson to play Sandy. The actress is desperately embarrassed about her performance in the ill-fated Grease 2, and wants to erase all memory of it by making a new version of the original film. Pfieffer is thrilled by reports Simpson is being touted to play prom queen Sandy Dumbrowski - and has her eye on the role of the comical Principal McGee. She says, "It's a great idea, and I hear they would like to get Jessica Simpson for the role of Sandy. She would be good." Pfeiffer adds of her own Grease experience, "I hated that film (Grease 2) with a vengeance and could not believe how bad it was. At the time, was young and didn't know better... I hear it's a cult movie now."

hmmm..could it be?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/01/08 at 1:36 am

OMG..I found this neato photo montage to the song, Back To School. Wowo..Maxwell Caulfield looks hotter than hot in this. :o :-*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmPT7UfMNwY&feature=related

Written By: snozberries on 06/14/08 at 6:32 pm

I was looking at Grease 2 on IMDB.com and stumbled upon this quote from Michelle Pfeiffer regarding a possible remake of Grease (featuring Jessica Simpson as Sandy):

Michelle Pfeiffer is desperate to star in a remake of seventies movie musical Grease - and she wants Jessica Simpson to play Sandy. The actress is desperately embarrassed about her performance in the ill-fated Grease 2, and wants to erase all memory of it by making a new version of the original film. Pfieffer is thrilled by reports Simpson is being touted to play prom queen Sandy Dumbrowski - and has her eye on the role of the comical Principal McGee. She says, "It's a great idea, and I hear they would like to get Jessica Simpson for the role of Sandy. She would be good." Pfeiffer adds of her own Grease experience, "I hated that film (Grease 2) with a vengeance and could not believe how bad it was. At the time, was young and didn't know better... I hear it's a cult movie now."

hmmm..could it be?

Interesting... she should embrace experience. And she should embrace the fans who love the film... makes me wonder what Jessica Lang thinks of the experience of remaking King Kong?

For the record... a grease remake starring Jessica Simpson sounds like a horrible idea.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/14/08 at 9:58 pm

Interesting... she should embrace experience. And she should embrace the fans who love the film... makes me wonder what Jessica Lang thinks of the experience of remaking King Kong?

For the record... a grease remake starring Jessica Simpson sounds like a horrible idea.

yes...it does (regarding the Jessica Simpson remake). 8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/14/08 at 10:32 pm

It wasn't exactly the worst movie I had ever seen.  I still like the first Grease better.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/15/08 at 8:40 pm

Grease was like Highlander.

There can only be one.

For any aspiring directors out there, that also implies that there should have been only one.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/16/08 at 6:01 am

I think it's a good movie.

Written By: Entouch on 06/16/08 at 7:52 pm

I liked the movie I tune in whenever its on tv but GREASE by far was the better film.  I thought they didnt write good music for the film, none of the songs were hits like the first one. Also Caulfield and Pfeiffer didnt have any chemistry together and Adrian Zmed overacted in this film IMO, he couldnt fill John Travolta shoes. :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/16/08 at 10:18 pm

I liked the movie I tune in whenever its on tv but GREASE by far was the better film.  I thought they didnt write good music for the film, none of the songs were hits like the first one. Also Caulfield and Pfeiffer didnt have any chemistry together and Adrian Zmed overacted in this film IMO, he couldnt fill John Travolta shoes. :\'(

BUT..Maxwell Caulfield's HOTTNESS made up for all of that! ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/18/08 at 11:34 pm

"Grease" works as a musical play with actual high school kids doing it, I mean the acting.  Travolta and ONJ looked too old to be high school students (and too old to be adjunct professors in the second), and nobody dressed or danced so risque in the 1950s outside of the red light district!
::)

Written By: ninny on 06/19/08 at 8:33 am

Comparing Grease to Grease 2 is like comparing Henry Fonda to Henry Winkler.Henry Winkler does have some good attributes,but pales in comparison to Henry Fonda.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/19/08 at 9:04 am

Old guys butts are funny. They're all flabby and wrinkled, just like their faces! Kind of like spreading jelly on toilet paper before wiping your butt. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/elefant.gif

what does this have to do with the movie Grease 2? ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/19/08 at 9:24 pm

I didn't really care for the film.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/19/08 at 10:12 pm

I've seen it. But, I'm too much of a Grease fan that I really can't look at Grease 2 seriously.

Written By: snozberries on 06/22/08 at 5:28 pm

but Adrian Zmed wasn't the Danny Zuko....he was the Kenickie.

Check for new replies or respond here...