inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Make it Real" by The Jets (1988 or '89)

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/12/08 at 8:47 pm

I'm not a teenpop fan, but I always loved this song to death (both back then and ever since). :) It's so cute and sweet, although more mature than that type of music usually is. Like if the New Kids were adult contemporary lol.

What I like about it is how it's catchy, soft and pretty at the same time without sounding forced. You can take it seriously, since it probably wasn't ONLY aimed at teenyboppers. It really comes across more like a typical cozy late '80s soft rock song. :)

Subject: Re: "Make it Real" by The Jets (1988 or '89)

Written By: whistledog on 02/12/08 at 9:24 pm

I loved anything by The Jets.  In their whole catalogue of songs, everyone of them was a winner! :)

They could do ballads (Make it Real, You Got it All) and great dance songs (Crush on You).  It's a shame they didn't really survive past the 80s :(

Written By: SpaceHog on 02/12/08 at 10:00 pm

I'm not a teenpop fan, but I always loved this song to death (both back then and ever since). :) It's so cute and sweet, although more mature than that type of music usually is. Like if the New Kids were adult contemporary lol.

What I like about it is how it's catchy, soft and pretty at the same time without sounding forced. You can take it seriously, since it probably wasn't ONLY aimed at teenyboppers. It really comes across more like a typical cozy late '80s soft rock song. :)

The song came out in 1988.

Written By: Nostalgic on 02/13/08 at 1:13 am

Yeah I like this song too, more than "You Got It All".

Written By: robby76 on 02/13/08 at 2:00 am

Ahhh The Jets! Such a fine musical family. "Make It Real" was great but the video was a bit shoestring budget :-\\. I think their demise was due to poor tracks being chosen as singles and more so that the group began to lose their "fresh" style.

Either way I love them and have all their albums - even the lesser known Christian ones released throughout the 90s. The 3 sisters just released an album in 2007 of hymns with a South Pacific feel...

http://www.ldstunesnow.com/store/my-sisters/love-at-home.shtml

Written By: johnny5alive on 02/13/08 at 9:35 am

even though it was a bit chessey  i was fond of  "cross my broken heart"    also crush on you as well.

Written By: Midas on 02/13/08 at 10:55 am

"Make It Real" is my least favorite tune by The Jets.  Favourites include "Cross My Broken Heart" and "Private Number".

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/13/08 at 11:00 am

"Make It Real" is my least favorite tune by The Jets.  Favourites include "Cross My Broken Heart" and "Private Number".

Funny thing is, we had that album when it came out, and that was usually the only one I wanted to hear lol. Some of the upbeat ones, like "Rocket 2 U" were kinda good, but they never quite appealed to me the same way. Those were more typical teenybopperlike, although catchy.

Ballads seem like they survive longer. Even though "Make it Real" sounds very '80s, it could've charted up to 1993 or '94ish, whereas I don't think any of the other songs could have.

Written By: woops on 02/13/08 at 5:27 pm

One of my all time favorites  8)

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/13/08 at 7:56 pm

This is one of those songs that immediately takes me back to 1988. I love it!  :)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 02/15/08 at 6:30 am

This is one of those songs that immediately takes me back to 1988. I love it!  :)

I love you picture. ;)

I like the jets too.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 02/15/08 at 3:02 pm

I love this song, too. They sure don't make pop songs this sweet and innocent anymore...  :-[

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/15/08 at 7:09 pm

I love you picture. ;)

I like the jets too.

Thanks!  :) I love your avatar, too!

Check for new replies or respond here...