inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: jello pudding pops

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/13/08 at 4:28 am

So, I was looking at retro commercials on youtube just a bit ago...and I realized just how much I miss jello pudding pops. When did they stop making these wonderful things? They were SO good...and I could do for one right about now.

Subject: Re: jello pudding pops

Written By: cinnabon on 02/13/08 at 4:59 am

They started making them again a few years ago - you should check the freezer section closely at your supermarket; I loved them too much richer and cremier than Fudgesicles.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/13/08 at 5:14 am

They started making them again a few years ago - you should check the freezer section closely at your supermarket; I loved them too much richer and cremier than Fudgesicles.  :)

oh, thanks! I will check the next time I am at the grocery store! :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/13/08 at 1:23 pm

oh, thanks! I will check the next time I am at the grocery store! :)

yes, they did come back out with them a few years ago.  not sure if they're still out, but they just weren't the same.  first of all, they changed the shape of them to a rectangular tube, like popsicles and fudgsicles.  but i guess they tasted pretty much the same, and if the best we can do, i'll take it! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/13/08 at 1:24 pm

yes, they did come back out with them a few years ago.  not sure if they're still out, but they just weren't the same.  first of all, they changed the shape of them to a rectangular tube, like popsicles and fudgsicles.  but i guess they tasted pretty much the same, and if the best we can do, i'll take it! :)

ya...they always have to go and ruin a good thing by changing stuff. :-\\

Written By: Midas on 02/13/08 at 1:47 pm

My grandmother always had the freezer stocked with pudding pops in the summer in the 80's when I was a kid.  Good times and good stuff. :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/13/08 at 8:04 pm

We used to keep a couple boxes of Jello pudding pops in the freezer at a time in the 80's. Yummy!  8)

Written By: rsbryswrrl on 03/09/08 at 1:29 pm

They used to sell them for a quarter at my elementary school cafeteria.  I think they had chocolate, vanilla, and one that was chocolate/vanilla swirl.  They were so good!  I bought a box of the new ones a couple years ago, and they just weren't the same at all.  They didn't have that rich pudding taste, they were just kinda like fudgesicles :(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/09/08 at 1:35 pm

I vaguely remember getting some in fruit flavor pudding?  They were really good.  Perhaps they were just plain old Jello Pops and not pudding pops, I'm not sure now.  All I know is they stopped selling them.  >:(

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/09/08 at 3:06 pm

Oh yeah, the vanilla and banana flavors for the win!

Written By: Spirit of 76 on 03/09/08 at 10:23 pm

The only time I remember our family buying them was when Lego would give you a special set if you sent in so many UPC lables.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/08 at 6:17 pm

Bill Cosby, the Pied Piper of Aspertame!
::)

Written By: Davester on 03/17/08 at 11:12 pm

I used to eat pudding pops like a crackwhore...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/20/08 at 9:03 pm

They were great.

Written By: Danielle on 03/27/08 at 4:49 pm

The best part was the pieces of ice that would form at the bottom of the pop on either side of the stick.

Check for new replies or respond here...