inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's Collections

Written By: Streethawk! on 02/22/08 at 1:13 pm

I recently started selling off parts of my other collections to finance my Airwolf one.
Wolfs Lair Magazines
- Issue 1
- Issue 2
- Issue 3
Airwolf Das Buch
Airwolf Flight manual
Airwolf Annual 1986
Airwolf Colouring book
Airwolf - The Movie
The Season 1, 2 and 3 DvD boxset.
Tapes recorded from TV when RTE screened Airwolf in the 90's
Airwolf season 4 recorded from Bravo TV
"The Stravograd Incident" VHS
Kitech 1:48 Airwolf x4
- One going to be built into AW
- Another going to be made into Redwolf with self fabricated side pontoons
  - Other 2 shall remain mint and in the box.
Aoshima Airwolf x2
AMT/ERTL 1:48 - Mint + In box and shall remain so forever more.
Larry Jolly Airwolf Fuselage
Airwolf Themes
Airwolf - The Wonderweapon CD
Airwolf - Hits n' Action CD
Airwolf Patch x2 - Intergalactic trading
Airwolf blueprints
Few Cast Photos

I still have some screen used props from Streethawk though. Anybody else collect stuff?

Subject: Re: 80's Collections

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/22/08 at 1:52 pm

I am starting to collect refrigerator magnets of 80's things like Smurfs, ET, ALF, etc... anything that I associate with being a kid, I guess, I want on my fridge LOL

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/22/08 at 7:30 pm

My 80's collection right now is a bit helter skelter.

I love all things 80s. I have everything from Cabbage Patch Kids dolls. (4) to a whole heap of Michael Jackson and Prince memoribilia (2 1984 MJ dolls, 99 MJ bubblegum cards, and a Prince vinly! )and a whole slew of movies. I even came within an inch of purchasing a copy of Howard the Duck!  :-\\ I even have the old clothes my mom wore in the 80s--and I can fit them! LOL! Even some jewelry.

I love the 80s! YAY!

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/22/08 at 7:37 pm

I like to collect toys, magazines, vinyl records, and VHS videocassettes from the 80's.

Written By: robby76 on 02/22/08 at 10:57 pm

I collect lots of 80s toylines from the regular Star Wars to the more obscure Asterix.

I collected music memorabilia on my 2 fave 80s groups... cds, vinyl, clippings, books etc.

I also collect a bit of tv memorabilia of my fave shows... books, magazines, press photos.

Written By: whistledog on 02/22/08 at 11:14 pm

Of things released in the 80s ...

When I was a kid, I got an Atari 7800 for Christmas (around 1985-1986) and had about 12 games for it.  About 6 years ago, I was digging in an old box of toys I had, and there it was, so I hooked it up and it still worked.  Ever since, I've been visiting Flea Markets, Yard Sales, and Thrift Stores to find games for it.  I now have close to 150 of them 8)

Written By: Streethawk! on 02/23/08 at 6:14 am

Wow Whistledog, thats really cool! Im sure they made an Airwolf one for it too  ;D
I have an autographed Don Johnson poster, the poster itself was a promotional one for his Heartbeat album. Il try and get a pic......

Written By: whistledog on 02/23/08 at 9:36 am

Wow Whistledog, thats really cool! Im sure they made an Airwolf one for it too  ;D
I have an autographed Don Johnson poster, the poster itself was a promotional one for his Heartbeat album. Il try and get a pic......

No Airwolf for Atari :(
They did make an Airwolf game for the original NES though

Written By: woops on 02/25/08 at 4:39 pm

Music video compilation tapes/DVDs, compilation CDs, records

Written By: Ppufi on 05/20/08 at 10:24 pm

Of 80's stuff I mostly have toys. Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow brite, Popples, Pound Puppies/Purries, My Little Ponies, Holly Hobbie, Cabbage Patch Kids, Gumby, Smurf, and possibly others I can't remember right this second.

Written By: dmfan420 on 05/21/08 at 12:10 pm

45's & 12" singles and Wacky Packages (Kinda like Garbage Pail Kids)

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/21/08 at 12:48 pm

I also collect poop from the 80's.  It's getting harder to find... It's really kinda sheeshty.

Check for new replies or respond here...