inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Slightly offbeat lyrics question!

Written By: Stinkyy on 02/28/08 at 5:49 pm

Long time no see,  80s bruthas and sistas!

I'm also a member at 80smusiclyrics.com and can't log-in at all!

This will be a real stretch and I think only the most hardcore expert might be able to get this.

This song is from an 80s movie, not sure which one, but I think was in the post-apocalyptica genre (Maybe Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome). As we know, there was no shortage of desert landscape WWIII type flicks that were very cool.

So here's the question:

A guy whose voice sounds a little like Billy Idol, a little like David Bowie sings something like, "Heee-yyyy little children."

Then a small kids' chorus comes in saying something that sounds like, "Don't have a fear," or "Don't shed no tears." The four words have the notes G, F, E, D, and are half note, half note, half note, whole note.

Good luck and thanks,

Stink'    :D

Subject: Re: Slightly offbeat lyrics question!

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/08 at 6:03 pm

sounds like something I remember hearing in The Lost Boys.... 

Written By: Stinkyy on 02/28/08 at 6:08 pm

Ooh ooh!  You might be onto something!

Written By: Stinkyy on 02/28/08 at 6:14 pm

I can't believe somebody got this within 10 min. of my post.  That one was killing me.

It was Bauhaus - Theme from the Lost Boys

P.M. me your address if you like and I'll be glad to mail you a little gift!  I was wracking my brain trying to figure this out!

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/08 at 6:39 pm

I can't believe somebody got this within 10 min. of my post.  That one was killing me.

It was Bauhaus - Theme from the Lost Boys

P.M. me your address if you like and I'll be glad to mail you a little gift!  I was wracking my brain trying to figure this out!

thanks sweet offer...seriously that song has been playing in the back of my head since I first saw the film in the theater in 198.... but I never researched it so I couldn't give you the name.

Written By: midnite on 02/28/08 at 7:44 pm

It sounds to me like Cry Little Sister from the Lost Boys.

Written By: oingo_fan on 02/28/08 at 9:07 pm

Gerard McMann from the Lost Boys soundtrack.  One of my all-time faves...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81792RNmcvs

Check for new replies or respond here...