inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s TV and game show themes website

Written By: Atari on 02/29/08 at 11:32 am

Stumbled across this site while looking for game show themes from the 80s to add to my iPod. Needs Realplayer to play the files, but they can be easily converted to WAV or mp3. LOTS of themes here.

http://www.80stvthemes.com/gameshows/

Subject: Re: 80s TV and game show themes website

Written By: cinnabon on 02/29/08 at 5:09 pm

That's a cool website, Thanks for finding it!  You can find some really rare themes there. 

I especially enjoyed listening to both versions of the Pyramid theme song back to back - the 80's version is better, IMO.  :)

Written By: Davester on 02/29/08 at 6:08 pm

So they finally got that site running again.  It was down for at least a year...

Written By: whistledog on 02/29/08 at 6:40 pm

The clips they use are still in RealAudio format.  For some reason, RA files do not work on my computer at all :(

There was a site years ago that had tv themes of all decades in both wav and mpeg video format.  Best site ever, it shut down to to copyrights or some jargon like that :(  I don't even remember what the site was even called, it's been so long

Written By: Davester on 02/29/08 at 9:11 pm

Is there much content on any of these sites that cannot be found on youtube?  YouTube has pretty much become my one-stop-shop for this stuff...

Written By: robby76 on 02/29/08 at 10:54 pm

Is there much content on any of these sites that cannot be found on youtube?  YouTube has pretty much become my one-stop-shop for this stuff...

I think it's specifically for audio files rather than videos.

The clips they use are still in RealAudio format.  For some reason, RA files do not work on my computer at all :(

Here's a similar site with tv themes on mp3

http://www.televisiontunes.com/

Check for new replies or respond here...