inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The most exciting 80's tidbit... that none of us knew!!!

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/07/08 at 2:04 pm

the 80's started sometime around 1980 but did not even end until just after 1989!!!

I never realized that this period lasted about 10 whole years... it was hugely successful!!

Subject: Re: The most exciting 80's tidbit... that none of us knew!!!

Written By: Paul on 03/07/08 at 2:06 pm

The 80s snuggled nicely within the gap between the 70s and 90s with no ends showing...quite a remarkable feat!

Written By: Davester on 03/07/08 at 4:25 pm

The 80s snuggled nicely within the gap between the 70s and 90s with no ends showing...quite a remarkable feat!

True.  And it was already called "the 80s", so they didn't even have to rename it.  What are the chances of that happening..?

Written By: Tam on 03/07/08 at 4:26 pm

Are you serious??!!??!!??!!??!

OMG! I didn't know this! Wait till I tell my hubby and sister and friends!! They are so not going to believe it either!!! ;D

Actually, I couldn't imagine the 80's being anywhere else but in the 80's. We couldn't have it going from the 50's to the 60's to the 80's to the 70's and then to the 90's.... or could we?

??? ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/07/08 at 4:34 pm

a friend of mine is very angry at the 80s because if it hadn't been for them, it would still be the 70s. 8)

Written By: Bobby on 03/07/08 at 4:48 pm

Oh yeah . . . It all makes sense now . . .  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/07/08 at 9:28 pm

Wait...

Didn't the 80s start in the summer of 1982 and end just around the latter half of 1991?

</decadology>

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/07/08 at 9:46 pm

I feel so enlightened now...but I was born in 1979, which was really 1980 in disguise!

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/08/08 at 12:08 am

I had absolutely no idea....I've always wondered!  :D ;D :D ;D

Written By: Davester on 03/08/08 at 2:36 am

Wait...

Didn't the 80s start in the summer of 1982 and end just around the latter half of 1991?

</decadology>

I'll get rapped in the mouth for this, but I did find the Decadeology stuff interesting, in a way, when it didn't get too sketchy.  The most interesting things probably weren't intentional... 

Cultural sociology is intriguing...

Written By: Tam on 03/08/08 at 11:49 am

I'll get rapped in the mouth for this, but I did find the Decadeology stuff interesting, in a way, when it didn't get too sketchy.  The most interesting things probably weren't intentional... 

Cultural sociology is intriguing...

I will admit that some of it is pretty interesting - but when it gets shoved down your throat every second.... it gets OLD!!! ;D

And of course I won't rap you in the mouth Uncle Dave!!! 8)

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/09/08 at 12:35 am

Wait...

</decadology>

Actually that's just about right, if we're talking about the culture/atmosphere and not the dates (when MTV was totally focused on videos and before grunge), but we won't get into that again. ;D

I only remember snippets of 1985 to '87 (anything after that is pretty clear, once I started first grade), but that felt more like the Eighties from my own life, than any other time.

Written By: Tia on 03/09/08 at 12:53 am

Wait...

</decadology>
the 80s started in 1978 (with the big breakout of van halen) and ended in 1989 (with the release of "heathers".)

Written By: Davester on 03/09/08 at 7:13 am

I will admit that some of it is pretty interesting - but when it gets shoved down your throat every second.... it gets OLD!!! ;D

And of course I won't rap you in the mouth Uncle Dave!!! 8)

LOL!  When I call something "pretty interesting" what I really mean is that it's crapola... ;D

Can you at least kick me while wearing stiletto heels..? :P

Written By: Tam on 03/09/08 at 1:29 pm

LOL!  When I call something "pretty interesting" what I really mean is that it's crapola... ;D

Can you at least kick me while wearing stiletto heels..? :P

Hahahahaha!
Got me!

Now, I need to remember where I put those stiletto's...... ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...