inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Misfits of Science?

Written By: rsbryswrrl on 03/09/08 at 1:39 pm

Does anyone else remember this show?  I think Courtney Cox was on it, and I remember it being quite short-lived.  The one episode I vividly remember was something about a caveman frozen in ice that got thawed out in the lab and ran around smashing stuff.

Subject: Re: Misfits of Science?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/09/08 at 3:05 pm

Yeah, I remember it. It was awesome. I really liked the theme song. It was either Cyndi Lauper or a sound-alike.

Written By: rsbryswrrl on 03/10/08 at 10:06 am

Wow, and you're a Cillian Murphy fan too!  I named my son after him :)

That show rocked - I wonder if there are any episodes floating around anywhere on the 'ol internet...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/10/08 at 5:18 pm

Fan? I'm a stalker, lol. I've "bumped" into him twice during separate ventures into L.A., hahaha  :-*

I tried to name my seven-month old after him, but my hubby wasn't having it.  ::)

Try Youtube. I'm sure it'll be there.

Written By: robby76 on 03/10/08 at 8:10 pm

I love Misfits of Science! I bought the pilot movie on VHS about 5 years ago. Keep voting for it on tvshowsondvd.com!

http://2clicks.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/misfits-of-science.jpg

Written By: Doc Brown on 03/10/08 at 8:10 pm

First of all, feel free to congradulate me on my 1,000th post! ;D

Now on to business:
I think I saw every single episode of Misfits Of Science in its four-month run through the fall of 1985. The leader was Billy, played by Dean Martin Jr. (credited as Dean Paul Martin), who was lost in a plane crash sometime in 1987. He had no special powers, but was kind of the guy who held the others together. Elvin was a 7-foot black dude played by the late Kevin Peter Hall (best known for "Harry And The Hendersons") who could shrink to about a foot tall. Johnny B. was a literally electrified (aspiring)rock star played by Mark Thomas Miller. Video gamers, picture Mortal Kombat's Raiden in a leather jacket & shades, that best describes his powers. Gloria, played by Courtney Cox(Dirt), was Billy's telekinetic girlfriend(he often called her "Glo"), who could basically move objects with her eyes. And last was their lab overseer Stetmeyer, played by Max Wright ("Willie" of ALF fame) who tried to keep them out of trouble, but was more often exasperated with Billy leading the group after seemingly lost causes.

Is it just me, or does the premise sound a lot like today's "Heroes", just without the serial storyline? Incidentally, after NBC cancelled the show, it had kind of a second life in the early days of the Sci-Fi channel.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

P.S.: Cool poster, robby!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/31/08 at 10:57 pm

^Congratulations on your 1,000th post!

I LOVED this show.  I tried to watch every episode.  I think they reran it on sci-fi channel for awhile (before I got cable or I would have taped them all).  I think the series only last like one season or so.  Sad really, because I love it.

Check for new replies or respond here...