inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HELP my 12 year olds 6th grade class is having an 80's dance

Written By: rwkem on 03/09/08 at 5:01 pm

I really need all your help.  I am on the committee for this 6th grade dance the kids voted to have a 80's rockstar theme.  We have zero money and I need ideas for decorations.  I love this site and thought I might put some slang on neon poster board?  Please if anyone has any ideas that are cheap please let me know

Desparate in Indiana!!

Subject: Re: HELP my 12 year olds 6th grade class is having an 80's dance

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/08 at 8:37 pm

I really need all your help.  I am on the committee for this 6th grade dance the kids voted to have a 80's rockstar theme.  We have zero money and I need ideas for decorations.  I love this site and thought I might put some slang on neon poster board?  Please if anyone has any ideas that are cheap please let me know

Desparate in Indiana!!

Neon Poster board is good...

you can do a lot of black and white too... like black and white streamers. balloons. 

Also....you could get butcher paper and splatter paint on it. . .  like this
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z66/briballistic/Layouts/splatter.jpg

Written By: rwkem on 03/11/08 at 10:54 am

We actually thought of that yesterday during our meeting..that is  really great idea..TYTYTYTYTY..we could even have the kids do it!  If you think of anything else let me know

Written By: snozberries on 03/23/08 at 12:06 pm

did you have the dance yet???

how was it?

What songs were played?

Written By: rwkem on 04/03/08 at 11:34 am

Nope we havent and I am pulling my hair out wondering what else we can do.  We are havin another meeting tonight.  The dance is may 3rd..I will let you know how it goes!!  TY

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/04/08 at 5:49 pm

Maybe you could print out photos of 80s rockstars and put them on posterboards too? ( I have about 3 or 4 I did for Michael Jackson events) Like have one of Madonna, and one of like New Kids on the Block, just posted around the gym/dancehall.  :) And it didn't really cost much for me to make mine, just 69 cents for the poster board.  ;D

I hope that helped.

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/08 at 10:54 am

Maybe you could print out photos of 80s rockstars and put them on posterboards too? ( I have about 3 or 4 I did for Michael Jackson events) Like have one of Madonna, and one of like New Kids on the Block, just posted around the gym/dancehall.  :) And it didn't really cost much for me to make mine, just 69 cents for the poster board.  ;D

I hope that helped.

don't forget Cyndi Lauper. 

maybe also 80s movie posters so Goonies and Back to the Future

actually that probably wouldn't cost too much and you could get it done at Walgreens because I hear they are pretty lax on the copyright issue.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/05/08 at 6:22 pm

@Snoz, I didn't know Walgreens did things like that. Cool!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 10:39 am

@Snoz, I didn't know Walgreens did things like that. Cool!  :)

maybe it just depends on who you get at walgreens.  When I was at my events in LA last month someone had some really cool pics and I asked where they got them they said they found them onine and saved them to their disk, memory card or thumb drive... anyway. they took the pics in along with normal pics and no one questioned them...

I am not condoning the action just passing the info along  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...