inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is this thing called?

Written By: Moosie on 03/09/08 at 10:30 pm

I have some small give-a-ways from the 80's  that I believe had a specific name to them at the time.  the only name I could find on Google was Fuzzball and that doesn't ring a bell.  They are smaller than a quarter yarn balls with eyes and feet glued to them.  The ones I have also have PG&E hard hats but I seem to remember their being rather popular for a while.  Can anyone tell me what they were called?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Interesting site! 

Subject: Re: What is this thing called?

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/10/08 at 12:00 am

Welcome, Moosie.  We had a thread a while back about these.  Here it is:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29418.0

Written By: rsbryswrrl on 03/10/08 at 10:16 am

We got those for selling magazines in middle school for a fundraiser.  I guess that was back in the days that your parents would actually let you roam the neighborhood unattended and try to harass your neighbors into buying stuff from you.

Written By: Moosie on 03/10/08 at 2:27 pm

Thanks for the replies and for the link.  Someone on the link thought they were called Weebles and that's the name that I remembered too but I know weebles are a don't-fall-down kind of toy.  maybe these things came first or were spelled differently.  I was just wondering how to list them on eBay.  Oh well, I'm a procrastinator so I'll probably never do it anyway!  LOL!  ;D

Thanks again for your help!

Written By: Henk on 03/10/08 at 4:49 pm

Weebles is close... They're actually called Weepuls. Check out the Wikipedia entry.

Weepuls (or Wuppies, as they're called over here) are still popular in my country.

Check for new replies or respond here...