inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Empty Nest"

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/18/08 at 6:01 pm

I was looking through Wikipedia, and you know how you can end up in a far different spot on there than you first intended, but somehow I came across "Empty Nest," which was a popular show in the late '80s through the mid-'90s. I used to watch it all the time as part of the NBC Saturday Line Up. Even through it's last days, I still watched it.

Does anyone have any fond memories of this sitcom? I guess it's not in reruns as far as I can tell. I haven't seen it in quite some time.

Subject: Re: "Empty Nest"

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/18/08 at 7:58 pm

I always liked Kristy McNicholl and Dinah Manoff was in Grease, so I was an instant fan.  I used to watch this while I babysat!  I remember that it was on after the Golden Girls (which I loved).

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/08 at 9:21 pm

Empty Nest was, is and will always be one of my all time favourite sitcoms ever :)  It was a spin-off from 'The Golden Girls' and even had a spin-off of it's own called 'Nurses'

When Richard Mulligan passed away, I was really sad because he was a big part of my childhood as I grew up watching 'Empty Nest' through it's original NBC prime time run, and through reruns.  The show hit a low point when Harry got his own clinic, and they brought in Marsha Warfield, but I still liked it

What always made me laugh was when Dreyfuss (the dog) always got scared, he'd run into the bottom cupboard and pull the door closed with his teeth on the towel that hung there ;D

I think I speak for many hre, when I say these 5 words ...

BRING EMPTY NEST TO DVD :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/08 at 9:23 pm

I remember this show...I was never 100% into it..but I did watch it from time to time.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/08 at 3:58 am

I liked Park Overall so I always thought it would have been better if Richard Mulligan spent more time at work than at home.

Written By: Satish on 03/19/08 at 10:28 pm

Yeah, I remember watching this show quite a bit during my childhood. It had its charm. I remember finding myself attracted to both Kristy MacNicoll and Dinah Manoff, even though I was like nine years old at the time!

Written By: mary on 03/31/08 at 8:02 pm

yes, i used to watch it with my mom and dad

Written By: Zeb on 04/02/08 at 11:35 am

My parents used to watch that show every Saturday night without fail. 

Written By: lemonverbina on 04/02/08 at 2:11 pm

This show was GREAT. It came on after Golden Girls or was it before the Golden Girls ?  I forget the theme song. I clearly remember the dog..

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 2:45 pm

This show was GREAT. It came on after Golden Girls or was it before the Golden Girls ?  I forget the theme song. I clearly remember the dog..

Ha you got my email!!!!

Written By: lemonverbina on 04/02/08 at 4:37 pm

Ha you got my email!!!!

IT MADE MY DAY SNOZBERRIES..glad to be back...

Check for new replies or respond here...