inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Old show, or part of a show on Nickelodeon - kind of creepy, anyone remember it?

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/19/08 at 2:59 pm

I don't know the name of the show it used to be part of, but I know it was split up and shown either as part of another show, or as bumpers between shows.  Would have been somewhere from 1981 to 1985 (more likely 1982 or 1983). 

I remember a couple scenes vaguely, not enough to search for:

One scene has the kids in the creepy old ladies kitchen, and the kids don't trust her so they dump the cake she gives them (either in a plant or the bathroom)

Another scene has them witnessing two teenagers in the pond behind the house, the kids think the girl is raising the boy from the dead in the lake or something silly like that.

Each time the kids find out the truth behind what they thought they saw after a commercial break or the next time it was on.

for some reason I think one of the kids from You Can't Do That On Television was involved in it, but I could be wrong.  I tried looking at all the movie histories on imdb and saw nothing in the top dozen or so actors from that show that sound remotely like this.  Pretty positive it wasn't "UFO Kidnapped", but maybe I didn't see enough of it.

Subject: Re: Old show, or part of a show on Nickelodeon - kind of creepy, anyone remember it?

Written By: Adalwolf1967 on 03/20/08 at 11:35 am

I don't know the name of the show it used to be part of, but I know it was split up and shown either as part of another show, or as bumpers between shows.  Would have been somewhere from 1981 to 1985 (more likely 1982 or 1983). 

I remember a couple scenes vaguely, not enough to search for:

One scene has the kids in the creepy old ladies kitchen, and the kids don't trust her so they dump the cake she gives them (either in a plant or the bathroom)

Another scene has them witnessing two teenagers in the pond behind the house, the kids think the girl is raising the boy from the dead in the lake or something silly like that.

Each time the kids find out the truth behind what they thought they saw after a commercial break or the next time it was on.

for some reason I think one of the kids from You Can't Do That On Television was involved in it, but I could be wrong.  I tried looking at all the movie histories on imdb and saw nothing in the top dozen or so actors from that show that sound remotely like this.  Pretty positive it wasn't "UFO Kidnapped", but maybe I didn't see enough of it.

Are you talking about "Are You Afraid of the Dark"? That show was on in the mid-90s, not the 80s. And also, on the show the kids ssat around a campfire telling scary stories. I'dunno. Maybe we're thinking about two differnt things here.

Subject: Re: Old show, or part of a show on Nickelodeon - kind of creepy, anyone remember

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/20/08 at 1:57 pm

Are you talking about "Are You Afraid of the Dark"? That show was on in the mid-90s, not the 80s. And also, on the show the kids ssat around a campfire telling scary stories. I'dunno. Maybe we're thinking about two differnt things here.

totally different show, I know about that one. 

Subject: Re: Old show, or part of a show on Nickelodeon - kind of creepy, anyone remember it?

Written By: ninny on 03/20/08 at 3:06 pm

The only 2 shows I can think of are Goosebumps &Ghostwriters,but I think They were both in the 90's and not sure if they were on Nickelodeon

Subject: Re: Old show, or part of a show on Nickelodeon - kind of creepy, anyone remember

Written By: robby76 on 03/20/08 at 8:37 pm

Is it the Bloodhound Gang from 321 Contact?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXisU4uRgtQ

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/20/08 at 9:15 pm

Is it the Bloodhound Gang from 321 Contact?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXisU4uRgtQ

nope, totally not that either

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/21/08 at 3:29 pm

Did this show have anything to do with aliens? I remember this creepy show on Nickelodeon called "The Third Eye."

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/21/08 at 3:47 pm

Did this show have anything to do with aliens? I remember this creepy show on Nickelodeon called "The Third Eye."

I had read up on "The Third Eye" a few days ago and it didn't seem like it was that.  I could be mistaken though. 

Written By: ninny on 03/21/08 at 4:10 pm

The Shows:

Adventures of Black Beauty

Adventures of Pete & Pete

Adventures of the Little Koala

Against the Odds

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Bananaman

Belle and Sebastian

Clarissa Explains It All

Count Duckula

Curious George

Danger Mouse

David the Gnome

Dennis the Menace
Doctor Snuggles

Don't Just Sit There!

Double Dare

Eureeka's Castle

Fifteen

Finder's Keepers

Flipper

Going Great

Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics

Heathcliff

Hey Dude

Inspector Gadget

Kid's Court

Lance Link: Secret Chimp
Lassie

Littl' Bits

Little Prince

Livewire

Looney Toons

Make the Grade

Mapletown

Maya the Bee

Mister Wizard

Mysterious Cities of Gold

Nick News

Nick Rocks

Noozles

Out of Control

Picture Pages

Pinwheel

Salute Your Shorts

Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show

Sixteen Cinema

Sk8 TV

Spartakus & the Sun Beneath the Sea

Special Delivery

Star Trek: The Animated Series

Third Eye

Today's Special

Turkey TV

Welcome Freshman

Wild & Crazy Kids

You Can't Do That on Television

Zoo Family

Check for new replies or respond here...