inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rick Astley discusses Rickrolling

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/25/08 at 7:58 pm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/webscout/2008/03/rick-astley-kin.html

I was wondering when they would catch up with him about it...

Subject: Re: Rick Astley discusses Rickrolling

Written By: johnny5alive on 03/25/08 at 9:20 pm

i remember watching some of his videos and thinking,  wow!  what a great voice comming from this small looking person! :)  back when some artists were lip sinced alot, thats what i first thought but he truley was  singing!

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/25/08 at 9:34 pm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/webscout/2008/03/rick-astley-kin.html

"Yeah, like I'm gonna click on that link..."

I actually love the Rick roll meme.  It's as shockingly unexpected as the go*youknowwho*se guy, and it's compounded by the subject matter being so innocent.  You elicit the same befuddlement and surprise in the victim as you would with a shock site, but it's safe for both the office or the street.  Long live the Rick roll.

Keep your eyes on YouTube for April 12th.  Planetwide turnout for the last two events was in the 7000-8000 range, so getting turnout of over 9000 isn't much of a stretch.

Written By: Bobby on 03/26/08 at 12:35 pm

Ha ha, Rick Astley seems the most unlikely candidate to recieve such attention but his attitude towards it is top notch.

He is a brilliant singer (people really thought he was black and then a lip-syncher when he first started) and was originally a member of little known soul band FBI before he was 'found' by Stock Aitken Waterman. The fact that Astley was initially 'the tea boy' with the company shows what kind of character he was and is. :)

'Never gonna give you up' is a funny little song because it remains such a guilty pleasure for a lot of people.

Check for new replies or respond here...