inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Duran Duran's new world tour is off to a rough start

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/28/08 at 10:37 am

Yes, Duran Duran have a new album and are touring again.  Things didn't go too well on the opening night of the tour, Simon Le Bon forgot the words to "Hungry Like the Wolf" and John Taylor stormed off stage during a song because as he said, "I could not dance to that. These people came here to dance."  This tour is to promote the "Red Carpet Massacre" album which flopped when it was released last year.  With Justin Timberlake and producer Timberland on board for the album, it's not really much of a surprise is it?  Quite a fall from the last album with all five original members and a huge world tour to back it.  It's not a big surprise that Andy wanted nothing to do with the current album.

Full story at Yahoo News

inthe80s.com

Subject: Re: Duran Duran's new world tour is off to a rough start

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/28/08 at 7:42 pm

What a shame. I hear the new album is all hip-hoppified. Is this true, Blue?

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/28/08 at 8:08 pm

What a shame. I hear the new album is all hip-hoppified. Is this true, Blue?

they were playing samples of it on their homepage when it came out... what I hear didn't sound that good.  Not the first time the band dabbled in hip hop, they did it on their awful covers album "Thank You", which was a real bad idea at the time. 

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 03/30/08 at 6:59 am

This is really unfortunate. Duran Duran have been one of the most enduring and popular bands from the 1980s, continuing their success into the following two decades as well. If they remain together as a band and record any new material, I hope they will stick with the style of music that has made them so popular over the past twenty-five + years...

Written By: whistledog on 03/30/08 at 1:14 pm

Not the first time the band dabbled in hip hop, they did it on their awful covers album "Thank You", which was a real bad idea at the time. 

That was the first album they did that I didn't like.  I liked "White Lines" (which was Top 40 in the UK, Canada, among other places) but I found the album on the whole somewhat disappointing

'Red Carpet Massacre' and 'Pop Trash' are so far their only 2 albums that didn't chart a single into the UK Top 40

I still like Duran Duran regardless, but those Rio and Ragged Tiger days are long gone :\'(

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/01/08 at 3:30 pm

well the song "Falling" has a video on their website now... it's better than some of the other tracks I heard, but the video starts with one of those three minute spoken word intros.  I can't say it's all that interesting either.

Check for new replies or respond here...