inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Frosted Lipstick

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/29/08 at 5:44 pm

Hi Everyone!

I know that in the 1980s, frosted lip colors became all the rage. Recently, I've been seeing frosted lipsticks showing up on the shevels of the stores I go to.
I have a tube that I bought and wear regularly (Maybelline Forever Metallics in Mauve) and I was wondering, that even though it is 2008, do you like to get nostalgic from time to time and put on some frosted lip color?

(And do you think it'll sweep the nation like it did before?  ;) )

Subject: Re: Frosted Lipstick

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/29/08 at 7:57 pm

I remember frosted lip colors, but I was too young to wear makeup then.  :(

I tend to get nostalgic whenever I look over the Bonne Bell Lip Smackers and the Wet N' Wild cosmetics at the drugstore.  :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/31/08 at 3:06 pm

I remember lots of girls wearing it
I wish all that stuff would come back

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/31/08 at 4:26 pm

I like the look. I even had a Barbie doll with frosted lips when I was a kid . LOL.  :)

Written By: mary on 03/31/08 at 7:48 pm

i don't remember that :-[ hmmm but sounds cool for the  summer and since i bought a ton of 80s inspired jewelry and clothes and plan doing my nails in neon colors :D :D
i love rainbow stores for their bright colors

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/01/08 at 6:49 pm

I have alot of 80s inspired jewlery too. Chunky neon bracelets, and jelly bracelets and big earrings. I love it.
I think subconsiously, I want to look like an extra from the Purple Rain film, and I saw alot of frosted lipstick there! LOL!  ;)

They have a Rainbow here too. I've never bene there, but my best friend raves about it. I might pop in. I know neon is hot for spring. And I wanna party like it's 1985!  :)

I'm so silly!

Written By: mary on 04/01/08 at 8:59 pm

you should so go to rainbow i just popped in one day to see what they had, they have tons of bright colors some things remind me of the 60s too. they have colorful earrings and bangles and cool stuff deff. check it out its like totally awesome ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/01/08 at 9:34 pm

Oh cool beans Mary!

I had a 60s phase a couple of years ago. I was crazy about the show American Dreams and I mean I was caught in a mod mess. I loved it. But the show got cancelled, I moved on, and it's all good! LOL! I'll go to Rainbow.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...