inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Duck Tales"

Written By: woops on 04/05/08 at 8:28 pm

Haven't seen the cartoon in ages and don't know if it still holds up? I liked it back in the day though...  :)

Does anybody remember watching it?

Subject: Re: "Duck Tales"

Written By: whistledog on 04/05/08 at 8:36 pm

I watched it all the time.  The part that always made me laugh was the characters of 'Ma Beagle' and 'The Beagle Boys'.  Exactly 100 episodes of DuckTales were made and so far, the first 75 episodes have been released to DVD via three separate volumes.  Volume 4, which will contain the last 25 episodes will be released in November

I have Volume 1 and Volume 2 on DVD and they are great! 8)

I believe DuckTales remains Disney's Longest Running animated series

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/05/08 at 8:42 pm

I loved this show when I was a kid, and I still love it today. I've seen every episode at least twice over the years, even if I haven't seen some episodes in 10 or more years. I remember always being in a hurry to get home from school so I could watch it on The Disney Afternoon while it still came on there.

I'm Not too sure, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't air on TV at all anymore :(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/05/08 at 8:45 pm

My sisters and I used to watch it all the time! :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 9:58 am

I thought it still came on Toon Disney early in the mornings...but a quick scan of their website tells me I was wrong.

I liked the theme song far better than the show. Duck Tales! Woo Ooh!

Written By: whistledog on 04/06/08 at 9:58 am

I thought it still came on Toon Disney early in the mornings...but a quick scan of their website tells me I was wrong.

I liked the theme song far better than the show. Duck Tales! Woo Ooh!

"Might solve a mystery, or re-write history ..."

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 10:14 am

"Might solve a mystery, or re-write history ..."

L ;D L

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=80633009158592337

my favorite part is D-d-da-danger watch behind you
There's a stranger out to find you.... 

hey they have a

Norwegian version...

and a

German Version

and

Japanese

Hungarian

Polish

and

Dutch!

Oh man that was fun..... karma to whistledog for setting me on that path!

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 04/06/08 at 3:11 pm

I remember watching Duck Tales every weekdays over my sitter's house in 1987.  I was 10.  I like the theme song of that show.

Written By: Doc Brown on 04/06/08 at 3:55 pm

"Robot Robbers" was the first episode I ever saw, and today it's still one of my favorites, along with "Sir Gyro de Gearloose", "Much Ado About Scrooge", and "Duck To The Future". Scrooge McDuck seemed to be an incurable wiseguy to me, which I almost always found hilarious, and characters like Gyro & Launchpad were often the perfect foils for him. I had a teacher in high school named Mrs. McDonald while the show was still running, and in Launchpad's style I often called her "Mrs. McD". She didn't mind, but I don't think she ever knew where it came from!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: ninny on 04/06/08 at 4:38 pm

Hell I use to watch it,and I was in my 20's when it started. :)

Written By: wildcard on 04/06/08 at 4:53 pm

I watched it with my brothers. 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/06/08 at 5:27 pm

Haven't seen the cartoon in ages and don't know if it still holds up? I liked it back in the day though...  :)

Does anybody remember watching it?

Honey, don't even get me started. "Duck Tales" is very near and dear to my heart. I can't even hear the theme song without misting up. (Ducktales, woo-oo!) I really loved Webby. She was so cute. LOL. When I was little, my mom had a poster of Huey, Dewey and Louie in my room. I really love that show.  :) Good memories.  ;D

Written By: midnite on 04/06/08 at 10:34 pm

I used to enjoy watching Duck Tales in between the episodes of Shirt Tales that I was watching.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/08/08 at 6:43 pm

It's been while since I've seen the show myself, it's one of my favorite Disney cartoons.

Written By: Wicked_Fabala on 04/12/08 at 11:50 am

i never saw it on actually TV but i have a few Duck Tales VHS's me and my sister watch sometimes! :D

Written By: Satish on 04/13/08 at 12:34 pm

I enjoyed this show. I occasionally thought it'd be fun to take a dip in Scrooge's money bin, just like he does!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/08 at 6:22 pm

I enjoyed this show. I occasionally thought it'd be fun to take a dip in Scrooge's money bin, just like he does!  ;D

oops  how'd that get in my pocket?  ;D

just kidding... flailing around in those gold coins just looked painful... I'd rather wade through paper money.

Written By: nally on 07/29/08 at 2:46 pm

I was a fan of this show during the "Disney Afternoon" era in the early 1990s; one episode that stands out for me is "Allowance Day." The boys want to desperately buy a bike, but the problem is that the sale ends on Friday, and Uncle Scrooge won't give them their allowance until Saturday. So on Friday morning, the boys trick Scrooge into believing that "today is Saturday", so that he'll give them their allowances. Unfortunately, Scrooge's false belief about the correct day gets around town, sparking controversy everywhere. But in the late afternoon, the boys want to prove the correct day (they consult an almanac or something, which indicates that an eclipse is supposed to occur...but the clouds are obstructing the sun), so they consult LaunchPad to help move the clouds out of the way. He's able to remove all the clouds...except for one that still hides the sun; GismoDuck eventually takes care of that, and all is well.

/Spoilers end here.

Check for new replies or respond here...