inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sean Levert Dies (of Levert, 80's trio)

Written By: KKay on 04/07/08 at 7:00 am

Singer Sean Levert, a third of the 1980s R&B trio LeVert and son of lead O'Jays singer Eddie Levert, has died after falling ill while serving a jail term. He was 39.  Authorities said Monday an autopsy was inconclusive but foul play was ruled out.
His brother, Gerald Levert, who had success as a solo artist after leaving their trio, died in 2006 at age 40 of an accidental mix of prescription and over-the-counter drugs.
The brothers had formed LeVert in the 1980s with childhood friend Marc Gordon. Their hits included "Baby I'm Ready," "(Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop) Goes My Mind" and "Casanova."
"Casanova" was nominated for a Grammy in 1988 for best R&B performance by a duo or group with vocal. It was also nominated for best R&B song.

I liked that song.
Too young to die; and a tragic family story.

Subject: Re: Sean Levert Dies (of Levert, 80's trio)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/07/08 at 10:03 am

sad x 5

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 04/07/08 at 2:38 pm

First Gerald Levert, and now his little brother Sean.  Oh my God, it seems like the whole group died.  That's a shame.  Levert was a blast in the 80s.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/07/08 at 5:37 pm

Oh my Gosh. I could cry. I loved Levert so much. Casanova is my jam. It is truly sad to hear that Sean died.  :(

Written By: Entouch on 04/07/08 at 7:30 pm

This is devastating to the family to lose two sons in less than a year. Their mother and Gerald Levert from the O'Jays are in so much pain right now. Rest in Peace

Written By: KKay on 04/07/08 at 8:37 pm

This is devastating to the family to lose two sons in less than a year. Their mother and Gerald Levert from the O'Jays are in so much pain right now. Rest in Peace

exactly. tragedy!

I am going back and listening to some of the music.  Cassanova is a great tune.

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/08 at 9:55 pm

damn  I guess I do live under a rock that is buried deep, deep in a cave on some deserted island.... Gerald Levert died?  why was sean in jail...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/08/08 at 1:02 pm

damn  I guess I do live under a rock that is buried deep, deep in a cave on some deserted island.... Gerald Levert died?  why was sean in jail...

Not paying child support

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/08 at 1:29 am

Not paying child support

thanks....

Check for new replies or respond here...