inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Olivia Newton-John to spend three weeks walking on the Great Wall of China

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/07/08 at 11:21 am

In an effort to raise money for cancer research in Australia, ONJ is going to spend three weeks walking 256 kilometers along the Great Wall of China.  Starting on April 7, she'll be joined by Sir Cliff Richard, Ethan Zohn, and Joan Rivers.  There won't be any four star hotels for her to stay in during the walk, she'll be camping in the Gobi desert. There's also an album tie in called The Great Walk to Beijing: A Celebration in Song which features duets with Sir Cliff, Keith Urban, Richard Marx, and Barry Gibb.

ONJ Interview at Entertainment Weekly

inthe80s.com

Subject: Re: Olivia Newton-John to spend three weeks walking on the Great Wall of China

Written By: whistledog on 04/07/08 at 11:44 am

Suddenly it's a Twist of Fate that she will be walking on that wall because she's Livin' in Desperate Times during those Summer Nights.  But with A Little More Love, she'll get Physical and walk Deeper Than the Night and make Magic on that wall

That album sounds interesting.  Another duet with Cliff Richard would be great :)

Subject: Re: Olivia Newton-John to spend three weeks walking on the Great Wall of China

Written By: malibumike65 on 04/07/08 at 11:48 am

I may be wrong, but I can't see Joan Rivers lasting three hours let alone three weeks walking the wall. Maybe if they put a red carpet on it.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/07/08 at 11:50 am

I may be wrong, but I can't see Joan Rivers lasting three hours let alone three weeks walking the wall. Maybe if they put a red carpet on it.   ;D

She can tawk, but can she wawk ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/07/08 at 11:51 am

I may be wrong, but I can't see Joan Rivers lasting three hours let alone three weeks walking the wall. Maybe if they put a red carpet on it.  ;D

I was wondering about that myself, I doubt she's walking the whole thing as well.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/08/08 at 4:24 am

She can tawk, but can she wawk ;D

;D , Jason!!!  ;D I hope Olivia takes ear plugs with her on her Great Wall walk!  ;D

Written By: Marian on 05/14/08 at 1:15 pm

is this near the earthquake?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/14/08 at 1:51 pm

is this near the earthquake?

no idea... that would be weird

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/14/08 at 2:19 pm

I may be wrong, but I can't see Joan Rivers lasting three hours let alone three weeks walking the wall. Maybe if they put a red carpet on it.   ;D

I saw a clip of her walk when she guested on Martha Stewart Show yesterday (I think).  She wore bright red designer heels to walk the wall (they showed her tromping up the stairs in them).  I was only partly listening to the segmeant, so I don't know how much she actually walked in the heels, at the end they showed her walking barefoot.  She was complaining that the only celebrities she saw on the walk was Olivia Newton John and Cliff Richard.  Poor Joan.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...