inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Feels like an old band now... AARP Presents Foreigner on Tour

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/08/08 at 8:48 am

I honestly can't believe that Foreigner would appeal to the AARP membership, but I guess someone that works for the organization thinks so.  AARP is indeed the main advertiser backing a 15 city tour by Foreigner this summer. Mick Jones is the only original member in the line up still, Lou Gramm having left the band five years ago.  Mick is old enough to be in AARP, so maybe they're just drawing from their membership ranks to find bands to sponsor.  There's plans for a new album as well.

Full Story at AARP Website

inthe80s.com

Subject: Re: Feels like an old band now... AARP Presents Foreigner on Tour

Written By: Spirit of 76 on 04/11/08 at 1:13 am

Yeah, I remember laughing at that watching Jay Leno when he made point of that. I think it's all a part of AARP's campaign to draft the Boomer Generation even if those who grew up listening to Foreigner are what 1-15 years from AARP status?

Subject: Re: Feels like an old band now... AARP Presents Foreigner on Tour

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/11/08 at 2:27 am

Wow...I'm feeling old.  They were like one of my first "alone" concerts (with my friends and not my parents) way back in 1985ish?

Check for new replies or respond here...