inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Only a month to go before the new Indiana Jones movie

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/18/08 at 9:27 am

Entertainment Weekly has yet another front page story about the new Indy movie (they had one last month too!).  The filming was super secret, hush-hush all the way.  In process copies weren't made available during shooting, reviewers haven't seen advances, etc.  At Yale, when scenes were shot outside of the closed sets, people went made taking pictures which led to even more stringent security measures.

The production had to build nine-foot-high fencing to keep the actors hidden from view as they went to and from sensitive scenes. Says LaBeouf: ''We had to wear robes and hoods like we were in the Skull and Bones. And we were never supposed to be grouped or bunched together. We were always supposed to be separated until we came to set.''

What's even more amazing, is that in this age of Internet leaks, that very little has made it way online yet.

Read the full cover story at EW

inthe80s.com

Subject: Re: Only a month to go before the new Indiana Jones movie

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/08 at 10:00 am

John Hurt who has a role has mentioned in interviews that he has signed a vow of secrecy and cannot discussed his part in the film and he has no idea for the content of the rest of new Indiana Jones movie. He also remarked that his script was printed on silver paper, which makes it hard to photocopy.

I do believe the tralier is available to seen somewhere.

Written By: LilSmurf on 05/06/08 at 12:33 pm

I am really looking forward to this movie...looks fun! Iron Man was a sweet movie tho for now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/08 at 12:34 pm

In the UK, the BBC are showing the Indiana Jones Trilogy before the big release.

To wet our apetities more?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/06/08 at 1:15 pm

In the UK, the BBC are showing the Indiana Jones Trilogy before the big release.

To wet our apetities more?

probably... I've been rewatching them with Susan to hopefully whet her appetite so we can see the fourth one when it comes out.  She never saw the Final Crusade, which I remember enjoying a lot.  Hopefully we'll get to watch it soon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/08 at 1:29 pm

probably... I've been rewatching them with Susan to hopefully whet her appetite so we can see the fourth one when it comes out.  She never saw the Final Crusade, which I remember enjoying a lot.  Hopefully we'll get to watch it soon.
For me I do not remember much of Temple of Doom, so that is a must see for me.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 05/06/08 at 2:37 pm

Wow... can't wait to see the new Indiana Jones! I hope it lives up to my expectations! :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/06/08 at 4:11 pm

For me I do not remember much of Temple of Doom, so that is a must see for me.

probably the most boring action film I've seen... the ending just seems to go on and on...

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/08 at 4:14 pm

probably the most boring action film I've seen... the ending just seems to go on and on...
After reading up on it, I feared it may be that.

Written By: whistledog on 05/06/08 at 8:08 pm

Now that they are bringing back Indiana Jones, perhaps they should bring back Allan Quatermain?  Nah, Richard Chamberlain couldn't fit that role anymore LOL

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/06/08 at 11:25 pm

I'm SO looking forward to this! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...