inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Phil Collins to retire!

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/08 at 10:38 am

After 30 years in the music industry Phil Collins has said no more touring.  Hope you got a chance to catch him on tour with Genesis last year!

Collins wants to take on a more behind-the-scenes role so he can enjoy a more leisurely life - although he will still continue to write songs. And the 57-year-old hopes he will now have more time to indulge in his favourite hobby - collecting memorabilia from the Battle Of The Alamo...

Full story at Contact Music

inthe80s.com

Subject: Re: Phil Collins to retire!

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/26/08 at 3:37 pm

Did he and Peter Gabriel tour last year?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/26/08 at 4:35 pm

Oh the relief!

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/08 at 5:14 pm

Oh the relief!

not really.. the worst thing he does are those awful songs for movie soundtracks, and I assume from what he said, he's not giving those up.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/27/08 at 6:38 am

You got to admire him for knowing when to stop touring, some of these guys don't want to admit that they don't look or sound at 50(60) they way they did at 20(30).

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/27/08 at 6:59 am

You got to admire him for knowing when to stop touring, some of these guys don't want to admit that they don't look or sound at 50(60) they way they did at 20(30).

you gotta admit though, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger can pull off that 20 forever look.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/27/08 at 3:51 pm

you gotta admit though, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger can pull off that 20 forever look.

I don't think sooooo

http://www.galvestonmusicscene.com/AboutUs01.jpg

http://www.onlinekunst.de/julizwei/buch_jagger_gr.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 04/28/08 at 5:43 pm

I don't think sooooo

http://www.galvestonmusicscene.com/AboutUs01.jpg

http://www.virginrecords.com/home/_extras/rolling_stones/wp02_1024.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/08 at 6:04 am

not really.. the worst thing he does are those awful songs for movie soundtracks, and I assume from what he said, he's not giving those up.
May be I should reitre and escape from all this?

Written By: ninny on 05/02/08 at 10:05 pm

The song "You'll Be in My Heart," won both an Oscar and a Golden Globe for best original song
I'd like to have a song that awful ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/04/08 at 7:02 am

The song "You'll Be in My Heart," won both an Oscar and a Golden Globe for best original song
I'd like to have a song that awful ;D

lots of awful music has been nominated and won oscars and golden globes.

heck, this year had some amazingly bad songs in the oscars.  we almost turned the television off after that first song from Enchanted.

Written By: ninny on 05/04/08 at 9:09 am

lots of awful music has been nominated and won oscars and golden globes.

heck, this year had some amazingly bad songs in the oscars.  we almost turned the television off after that first song from Enchanted.

This is true,but sadly people are suckers for songs like that.

Written By: Shacks Train on 05/13/08 at 1:32 am

Well now he can entertain at the retirement home.....I think his music was geared to the old folks home anyways!......Bye Bye to the guy that ruined Genesis!

Check for new replies or respond here...