inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bone-Phone

Written By: Shacks Train on 05/15/08 at 4:13 am

This was way ahead of its time & now if it were combined with an MP3 ability would be better than those stupid ear plugs!
http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/magicalgadget/index3.html

Subject: Re: Bone-Phone

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/16/08 at 1:33 pm

neat. but also kinda creepy. i don't know how i feel about music traveling through my bones LOL

Written By: Shacks Train on 05/17/08 at 12:25 am

I knew someone that actually bought one!The sound was amazing very rich & full.....Yeah kinda creepy but face it we don't hear Bass.we feel it!If anyone has worn ear plug for a long time your ears get very raw.A Lot of folks have gone to headphones for this reason..with the bone fone it wore around your neck & was as personal to the wearer as ear plugs are..If you got close to the user you could almost make out what they were listening to but to the user it was like standing in a room with the sterio blasting!
The world of MP3 collecters would love something like it as the socks could contain hard drives phone & blackberry type of applications by todays standards!
I know this product of old & if it ever came back out I'd get one!
8)

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/17/08 at 10:09 pm

that's actually pretty incredible from the way you've described it.  maybe the technology will be revisited...sounds pretty cool!

Written By: wildcard on 05/17/08 at 11:39 pm

cool  my ears haven't been working right for years so the talk of cocleur implants and hearing with the bone Isn't strange to me at all.  I have a busted bone in my right ear that needs fixing and I'm waiting for my ear doctor to do the operation for a medal bone.  If I had something like this bone fone I might be able to hear just fine using vibrations from other bones. 

Check for new replies or respond here...