inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AC/DC - Bon Scott or Brian Johnson

Written By: cinnabon on 05/19/08 at 6:05 pm

The very recent thread with Diamond Dave vs Sammy Hagar gave me the idea to start this poll; only unlike Van Halen the change in lead singers of this band resulted, sadly, from the death of Bon Scott in 1980.  :\'(

Anyway I vote for both because I believe their best work came from the albums Highway to Hell (with Scott) and Back in Black (with Johnson).  8)

Subject: Re: AC/DC - Bon Scott or Brian Johnson

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/19/08 at 6:38 pm

I voted both also.  Best replacement in rock and roll history!

Written By: whistledog on 05/19/08 at 6:46 pm

Brian Johnson for me.  All the AC/DC songs I remember and love came from his vocals

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/19/08 at 7:45 pm

I like them both.  :)

Written By: Atari on 05/19/08 at 8:28 pm

Both. Best three albums were from 79-81.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/19/08 at 8:45 pm

Both

Written By: Davester on 05/19/08 at 9:33 pm

I say both only because I like Brian Johnson's work up to Flick of the Switch and m-a-a-a-ybe Fly on the Wall but no later...

Bon remains AC/DC's Diamond Dave... :)

Written By: gibbo on 05/19/08 at 11:38 pm

I really liked both....but I agree with Davester. Johnson got a bit boring (one dimensional). Bon wasn't with us long enough to get boring...

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 05/20/08 at 2:48 pm

Bon FTW. Brian Johnson's voice got HORRIBLE over the years, and Back in Black is probably THE most overrated album of all time. I really like Highway to Hell and Dirty Deeds..., and Bon Scott was just an awesome person, so he gets my vote easily.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/20/08 at 5:00 pm

Bon

Written By: Davester on 05/20/08 at 9:00 pm

Bon FTW. Brian Johnson's voice got HORRIBLE over the years, and Back in Black is probably THE most overrated album of all time.

Dude...

Written By: Tia on 05/20/08 at 10:12 pm

Dude...

yeah, i too must object!  :D

so i've opened my ac/dc collection and got it going on random in the windows whatever thingy so that i can find the words to express what i feel.

ok.

so bon scott is truly the artist right? i think we all sorta know that, and my ac/dc collection has like 6 bon scott albums and from brian johnson, just back in black. but here's the thing: angus was always at least half the band and on back in black angus shone like a sick deranged genius of rock guitar, he busted out lots of mad guitar for that band but back in black he was at the best of his career. and it was such a weird accident because here comes this brian johnson, who was a great vocalist but not necessarily a writer or a showman the way bon scott was, but he just did his robert-plant-meets-tough-guy thing for that one album and let angus go POSTAL and you could tell on back in black brian johnson gave it his all because he knew that here was this bunch of musicians who were at the top of their game and were world famous and had just lost their main guy. and i really appreciate that and i honestly think back in black is the pinnacle of ac/dc's achievement for that reason, even though i think in the long haul bon scott has got it all over brian johnson, yanno? but for that one moment brian johnson shone like a star and let that band do an amazing album and i will always give props for him for that.

ok.

bad ass beat poetry ac/dc songs that you don't hear enough about, whatever the singer. and in whatever order.

let there be rock
whole lotta rosie
dog eat dog
beatin' around the bush
problem child
T.N.T.

and from the opus:
what do you do for money
givin' the dog a bone
have a drink on me
shake a leg
it's a long way to the top

Written By: Tia on 05/20/08 at 10:18 pm

angus!

http://www.allbiz.co.il/hippies/Data/58941_angus_Young_01jpg.jpg

one of the half-dozen or so mugs who REALLY made me wanna play.  8)

Written By: Tia on 05/20/08 at 10:30 pm

ima listen to hells bells right now. just cuz. :P

http://www.url.it/pagine/musica/img2/angus_young_brian_johnson.jpg

Written By: Tia on 05/20/08 at 10:43 pm

but in terms of vocal talent, i'll give it. there's no competition.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_4r6fhRMtF8

Written By: johnny5alive on 05/21/08 at 8:29 pm

i went with both, not a huge fan but like most stuff ive heard from them, i think they both sounded similar and that was great for the fans, of both the singers and the band, in fact i never knew they had two different singers until just a few years ago! :D

Written By: zacpot on 06/06/08 at 12:28 am

id have to say Bon Scott is my fave with Brian being the a great replacement.

Check for new replies or respond here...