inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I cannot believe how neglected "Facts of Life" is!!!

Written By: Denise on 05/21/08 at 6:28 pm

>:( This is truly one of the best shows ever and one of the few that has evolved...yet, TV stations and DVD distributors choose to ignore it!!  I recently went to shop for some DVD's and I went looking for "Facts of Life" and saw that they only went up to season 3, while newer crap shows like "Two and a Half Men" and "Samantha Who?" is being shelled out season after season!!  And on TV, they choose to rerun crap-a$$ recent sex-obsessed shows like "Frasier", "Seinfeld" and "Friends"!!  And what is the deal with Lifetime rerunning stupid "Frasier" and "Will & Grace" instead of "Facts"?!?!?!  They already have "Golden Girls"!!  For a while, I was going on YouTube and watching all of the full episodes and even saving them onto my playlist!!  I was so thrilled because FINALLY I was getting my "Facts" fix...but then, one day, I discovered that all of the episodes were removed!!  AAAHHH!!!!  So, then, I contacted Sony and asked them why they are so willing to remove "Facts" from YouTube for "terms of violation", yet you're not willing to make more DVD's, nor air reruns on TV?!?!?!  Seems to me that because these girls aren't exactly glamorous, or sex-crazed, and they don't all look like Victoria's Secret supermodels, no one is interested in showing this great sitcom anymore!!  Nowadays, all we're stuck watching are shows like "Friends", where we're stuck looking at Jennifer Aniston's ugly moon-face and her insistent whining!!  So, I propose us "Facts" fans (if there are any left start a campaign to get this gem of a show back on TV and the rest of the seasons (including the three movies) out on DVD!!

Subject: Re: I cannot believe how neglected "Facts of Life" is!!!

Written By: woops on 05/21/08 at 6:47 pm

Not a fan of the show, but "Friends" have been overexposed in many networks  :P

Same for "Law & Order" and even "Family Guy", which I enjoy the early seasons of the show.

Written By: whistledog on 05/21/08 at 7:09 pm

I am awaiting further seasons of Facts of Life as well.  According to sources I've read, they are going to be released, but no dates are announced

Written By: Denise on 05/21/08 at 7:45 pm

Well, at least that's pretty reassuring.  Thank you!  :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/21/08 at 7:48 pm

I'm still hoping that the remaining "Facts of Life" seasons will be released, too. I still think it's pretty silly for Sony to only release the first three seasons and just stop there. Maybe they'll come around.

Written By: robby76 on 05/21/08 at 8:05 pm

I really want the rest of FOL released too. I think we discussed this in the 80s tv dvd thread. Roll on the Edna's Edibles years I say! Things just get better from season 4 onwards.

Written By: Denise on 05/21/08 at 8:46 pm

Totally.  This show needs the full DVD treatment!  It is so annoying that shows that are on all the time get the full DVD treatment, while "Facts" is at a standstill.

Written By: robby76 on 05/21/08 at 8:54 pm

I know - you'd think Sony would realise that there's more demand for a show you've not seen for 20 years than for one you saw last week and the week before!!!  :D

I want this by Christmas 2008!

http://www.televisionhits.com/factsoflife/ep/grid0511.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/21/08 at 10:43 pm

Facts Of Life RULES!

Written By: Shacks Train on 05/22/08 at 1:42 am

watch some episodes here
Facts of Life
http://www.hulu.com/facts-of-life
http://www.surfthechannel.com/info/television/The_Facts_Of_Life/64907/S5E13.html
http://www.sidereel.com/The_Facts_of_Life

Written By: Brian06 on 05/22/08 at 3:36 am

I wish they still showed this on Nick at Nite.

Written By: Denise on 05/22/08 at 7:32 am

Nah!  Can't get the links to work.  As for Nick-@-Nite, they're too busy showing endless reruns of "Spongebob" and "Home Improvement"!  And, just out of curiosity, Brian, why is Christina Aguilera your avatar?  She's nasty!  I figured you'd like Britney Spears better.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/22/08 at 7:33 am

Nah!  Can't get the links to work.  As for Nick-@-Nite, they're too busy showing endless reruns of "Spongebob" and "Home Improvement"!  And, just out of curiosity, Brian, why is Christina Aguilera your avatar?  She's nasty!  I figured you'd like Britney Spears better.

lmao not the way she's looking lately.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/22/08 at 8:18 am

lmao not the way she's looking lately.  ;D

I don't see how anyone could possibly think that Britney is anywhere near more attractive than Christina...Christina runs CIRCLES around Britney. ::)

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/22/08 at 8:38 am

I know - you'd think Sony would realise that there's more demand for a show you've not seen for 20 years than for one you saw last week and the week before!!!  :D

I want this by Christmas 2008!

http://www.televisionhits.com/factsoflife/ep/grid0511.jpg

This so reminds me of Christmas as a kid... and watching this episode and other sitcoms with Christmas episodes was half the fun of the holiday season.  Makes me feel all warm and mushy :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/22/08 at 10:54 am

I have the first and second season on DVD.  Yes, I too await more.

Written By: Denise on 05/22/08 at 11:00 am

This so reminds me of Christmas as a kid... and watching this episode and other sitcoms with Christmas episodes was half the fun of the holiday season.  Makes me feel all warm and mushy :)

Those were the days when sitcoms actually knew how to make a great and memorable holiday-themed episode.  Nowadays, you can't even get a nice clean-cut meaningful holiday-themed episode without sex being involved.  Case in point, every holiday-themed episode of "Two and a Half Men"!!  ARGH!!!!! 8-P

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/22/08 at 12:37 pm

Those were the days when sitcoms actually knew how to make a great and memorable holiday-themed episode.  Nowadays, you can't even get a nice clean-cut meaningful holiday-themed episode without sex being involved.  Case in point, every holiday-themed episode of "Two and a Half Men"!!  ARGH!!!!! 8-P

hahaha you got that right!! that's IF they even make Christmas episodes now...everyone is so worried about being politically correct.  well, if the characters on the show are Christian and celebrate Christmas, why can't they have a Christmas episode??? really makes my blood boil!! 

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/22/08 at 7:29 pm

At this point I wish some network, ANY network airs reruns of the "Facts of Life"!  :(

Written By: Davester on 05/22/08 at 11:24 pm

I may just stick with seasons 1 and 2, maybe 3.  When did this show jump because I can't remember.  I do recall something about opening a gift shop (or cafe) or something...

Written By: robby76 on 05/23/08 at 12:51 am

I may just stick with seasons 1 and 2, maybe 3.  When did this show jump because I can't remember.  I do recall something about opening a gift shop (or cafe) or something...

Edna's Edibles was still in Facts of Life prime. I think it jumped around season 8 when Mrs Garrett left. The novelty shop was Season 7. I hardly remember those years at all. My memory stops at Edna's Edibles.

Written By: Denise on 05/23/08 at 2:51 pm

Well I just read on Wikipedia that as of now Sony has no plans to put the rest of "Facts of Life" on DVD, even though they said they were planning on putting out an entire boxed set complete with the three movies.  But instead the people over at Sony want to concentrate on putting newer shows and shows from the 1990's, like "Friends", "Frasier", "Two and a Half Men", "Sex & the City", "Samantha Who", "Lipstick Jungle", "Ghost Whisperer", "Seinfeld", "Family Guy" and "The Simpsons" out on special DVD sets.  Also, according to Sony, there's absolutely no plans to put "Facts" back into reruns, even though ION TV were initially going to, but they want to focus primarily on newer shows as well.  I also read BET is planning on pulling "Diff'rent Strokes" and "A Different World" off the network pretty soon to make room for newer shows.  TV Land is also in talks to put "Frasier", "Friends", "Seinfeld" and *GASP* "Two and a Half Men" on their station!!!!  ARGH!!!!!  It's as if these people are taking away all the great classic shows from the 70s and 80s and instead are cramming all these crappy new shows down our throats!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 05/23/08 at 4:04 pm

^ Why are you listed as a guest.  C'mon, belly up to the bar,  register  :)

Written By: Denise on 05/24/08 at 8:56 am

I have no interest in registering.  I just breeze in here from time to time to do a little gabbing.  Thanks anyway.  Now, to put this topic back on track, this really makes me mad because there are people out there who long for the good shows from the 80s to make a comeback and I know alot of us gals love to watch reruns of "The Facts of Life".  But instead we're being slammed upside the head with all these newer sitcoms!

Written By: DelRio on 05/24/08 at 10:02 pm

Well I just read on Wikipedia that as of now Sony has no plans to put the rest of "Facts of Life" on DVD, even though they said they were planning on putting out an entire boxed set complete with the three movies.  But instead the people over at Sony want to concentrate on putting newer shows and shows from the 1990's, like "Friends", "Frasier", "Two and a Half Men", "Sex & the City", "Samantha Who", "Lipstick Jungle", "Ghost Whisperer", "Seinfeld", "Family Guy" and "The Simpsons" out on special DVD sets.  Also, according to Sony, there's absolutely no plans to put "Facts" back into reruns, even though ION TV were initially going to, but they want to focus primarily on newer shows as well.  I also read BET is planning on pulling "Diff'rent Strokes" and "A Different World" off the network pretty soon to make room for newer shows.  TV Land is also in talks to put "Frasier", "Friends", "Seinfeld" and *GASP* "Two and a Half Men" on their station!!!!  ARGH!!!!!  It's as if these people are taking away all the great classic shows from the 70s and 80s and instead are cramming all these crappy new shows down our throats!!!

OMYGOD that TOTALLY SUCKS!!!  I hate all these newer shows!!!  They all SUCK!!!  8-P "Frasier" and "Friends" especially, as well as "Two and a Half Men" and "Family Guy"!!!  Either the jerks over at Sony can't appreciate nostalgia, or they don't think an all-female cast show, where the females aren't living Barbie Dolls, or hopping into bed with every Tom, Dick and Harry while wearing Minola Blahnix, is appealing!!!  Either way, it is frusterating that all these steaming piece-of-CRAP new shows from the last two decades are getting too much face time while the good quality shows from yesteryear are being harshly ignored!!!  Even TV Land, the station that once prided itself on showing nothing but classic TV shows (mostly from the '70s and '80s) are now showing either "Home Improvement", "George Lopez", or some DUMBASS realty show, or the only "classics" they show are "Leave it to Beaver", "Bonanza" and "The Addams Family" as-nausseum!!!!  >:(

Written By: Davester on 05/24/08 at 11:00 pm

Yeah I agree, TV Land is slipping a little, plus I like to bitch about things of dubious importance...

They can dump these stink bombs: The Addams Family, The Munsters, Designing Women, The Beverly Hillbillies and Just Shoot Me and replace them with these: A-Team, Bosom Buddies, Fame (for the ladies), Cheers and two terrific ones from the late 80s, China Beach and The Wonder Years (Boomer mythology, I know, but it's so good!)

Don't touch M*A*S*H, Bonanza and Gunsmoke, show Star Trek TOS more than they do.  I'd also like to see Tenspeed & Brownshoe (perhaps as a special) and Mike Hammer...

Back to DVDs, don't forget that Sony still owes me the second and final season of SWAT.  Season one was released around 5 years ago..!

Written By: whistledog on 05/24/08 at 11:06 pm

Mike Hammer...

Darren McGavin or Stacy Keach?

The 90s version 'Mike Hammer, Private Eye' starring Keach is on DVD.  It's a good set, but I'd love to see both 80s versions ('Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer' and 'The New Mike Hammer') with Keach hit DVD as well

Written By: Davester on 05/24/08 at 11:17 pm

Darren McGavin or Stacy Keach?

The 90s version 'Mike Hammer, Private Eye' starring Keach is on DVD.  It's a good set, but I'd love to see both 80s versions ('Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer' and 'The New Mike Hammer') with Keach hit DVD as well

Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer with Stacy Keach which I watched when it debuted.  A&E used to air it with their Daytime Mysteries show in the 90s...

I don't remember the Darren McGavin one...

Written By: whistledog on 05/25/08 at 9:59 am

A&E used to air it with their Daytime Mysteries show in the 90s...

I remember that.  'The Equalizer' was also a part of that line-up if I recall

Written By: Davester on 05/25/08 at 12:02 pm

I remember that.  'The Equalizer' was also a part of that line-up if I recall

That is correct, sir..

Written By: Denise on 05/26/08 at 10:31 pm

I just wrote Lifetime and asked them to put "Facts" on their station.  Hopefully, they will comply.  I convinced them that it is the perfect show for their target audience.  I also mentioned that "Frasier" is being played out.

Written By: Davester on 05/26/08 at 10:48 pm

I just wrote Lifetime and asked them to put "Facts" on their station.  Hopefully, they will comply.  I convinced them that it is the perfect show for their target audience.  I also mentioned that "Frasier" is being played out.

Keep fighting the good fight...

Resistance is futile.  They will be assimilated...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/08 at 9:19 pm

Looking it up on IMDB I remember how long that show was on--about nine years!

My favorite episode is the one where Blair Warner plagiarizes Emily Dickinson. Is that on Youtube anywhere?
???

Written By: Denise on 05/31/08 at 9:49 am

I just looked up TV Shows On DVD, and they said that Sony would be releasing alot of the "stalled" shows in the coming months.  However, I contacted Sony and asked if they were releasing the rest of the seasons of "FOL" and "Diff'rent Strokes" and they said they were only putting out more seasons of "The Simpsons", "Family Guy", "Sex & the City" and "Two and a Half Men", but they are no longer putting out more seasons of "Diff'rent Strokes" or "Facts of Life".  ARGH!!!!!! >:( :\'(

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/31/08 at 7:19 pm

^^I thought the complete series of "Sex and the City" has already been released long ago?  ???

Written By: RhodesGoddess84 on 06/01/08 at 11:06 am

I wish they'd release the rest of the series of "The Facts of Life" including the three movies on DVD!!  Because alot of us are sick of all the sex obsessed shows that have been on TV lately and we need a break from all that CRAP!!  >:( I've been watching episodes on YouTube, then suddenly alot of them were removed by those idiots over at Sony!  So, they take these episodes off YouTube because of "copyright infrindgements", yet they refuse to put more seasons out on DVD!!  And not just "Facts", but same thing with "Diff'rent Strokes" also!!  Instead, they're putting out that "2-and-a-Half Men" garbage and that "Sex and the City" crapola!!  Personally, I happen to think "2-and-a-Half Men" sucks and seeing that fat kid picking his nose and then eating it is repulsive!!  And unlike the Barbies on "Sex and the City", the women on "Facts" weren't sex kittens who were preoccuppied with their gucci bags and stilletos!!  I for one am so mad, because for years I have been waiting for "Facts" and "Diff'rent Strokes" to come out on DVD and they finally did, then they just stopped, meanwhile those jerks found plenty of time to put an entire boxed set of that stupid "Seinfeld" CRAP and endless sets of "Friends" and "Frasier"!!  And these shows are on TV constantly!!  When they took "Facts" off TV, I was pissed especially when they replaced it with "Home Improvement", the biggest load of SH*T to ever appear on TV!!  I think it's time I wrote and angry letter to those pieces of sh*t over at Sony and give them a piece of my mind!!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/02/08 at 12:14 am

Looking it up on IMDB I remember how long that show was on--about nine years!

My favorite episode is the one where Blair Warner plagiarizes Emily Dickinson. Is that on Youtube anywhere?
???

Nope, did a search.  I know it was on there.  Episodes are getting pulled right and left.

Written By: Satish on 06/02/08 at 12:38 am

There is a local TV station in the area where I live that is currently airing "The Facts of Life" in the evening, five days a week.

Here's a link to their site:

http://www.ctstv.com/

Written By: Denise on 06/02/08 at 8:51 am

There is a local TV station in the area where I live that is currently airing "The Facts of Life" in the evening, five days a week.

Here's a link to their site:

http://www.ctstv.com/

That station is not in my neck-of-the-woods!!  >:(

Written By: Guest on 06/04/08 at 3:23 pm

I hear ya! I remember when Facts of Life was still on in reruns, first on USA, then one day I find that it is no longer on their schedule. Then a few yeas later I saw it was on TV Land, then within a year it gets replaced by some sh*tty '50s sitcom. Finally, I saw it was on Hallmark, but then it got yanked and in favor of that stupid Waltons crap and the 7th Heaven crap! When I saw they had full episodes on YouTube I was thrilled, until stupid Sony took them off because they were copyrited...and yet they're keeping full episodes of Seinfeld and Frasier!! What's the deal here?! As for the DVD's, I for one am pissed off because they were promising almost every week that there were going to be new seasons of Facts of Life on DVD and they were even working on a full box set including the Paris movie, the Australia movie and the reunion! But then I heard from a friend that Sony decided to squash any further plans for anymore Facts of Life seasons on DVD in favor of putting out more seasons of newer sitcoms!! And, also, Lifetime should pick up Facts of Life and also, even though this is a show that started in 1976, One Day at a Time, replacing that stupid Frasier and Will and Grace sh#t!! I think alot of people, women especially, long to see Facts of Life on TV again...and the people who are keeping it on lockdown are these stupid men, because it's a show about women and it's a show about women who don't frolick around in pricy shoes boinking every guy they see and then throw up everything they eat in their gucci bags! Because the women on Facts of Life were real and strong and had other ambitions in life besides finding a man and because they weren't supermodel material, this gem of a show is being heavily ignored!!

Written By: RhodesGoddess84 on 06/04/08 at 6:08 pm

I hear ya! I remember when Facts of Life was still on in reruns, first on USA, then one day I find that it is no longer on their schedule. Then a few yeas later I saw it was on TV Land, then within a year it gets replaced by some sh*tty '50s sitcom. Finally, I saw it was on Hallmark, but then it got yanked and in favor of that stupid Waltons crap and the 7th Heaven crap! When I saw they had full episodes on YouTube I was thrilled, until stupid Sony took them off because they were copyrited...and yet they're keeping full episodes of Seinfeld and Frasier!! What's the deal here?! As for the DVD's, I for one am pissed off because they were promising almost every week that there were going to be new seasons of Facts of Life on DVD and they were even working on a full box set including the Paris movie, the Australia movie and the reunion! But then I heard from a friend that Sony decided to squash any further plans for anymore Facts of Life seasons on DVD in favor of putting out more seasons of newer sitcoms!! And, also, Lifetime should pick up Facts of Life and also, even though this is a show that started in 1976, One Day at a Time, replacing that stupid Frasier and Will and Grace sh#t!! I think alot of people, women especially, long to see Facts of Life on TV again...and the people who are keeping it on lockdown are these stupid men, because it's a show about women and it's a show about women who don't frolick around in pricy shoes boinking every guy they see and then throw up everything they eat in their gucci bags! Because the women on Facts of Life were real and strong and had other ambitions in life besides finding a man and because they weren't supermodel material, this gem of a show is being heavily ignored!!

I for one am up-to-here with that "Frasier" and "Will & Grace" crap being on Lifetime!

Written By: RhodesGoddess84 on 06/05/08 at 5:24 am

I just read somewhere that Sony has no plans on putting the rest of this show on DVD, nor do they want to put it back in reruns!  And they find the time to take it off YouTube!  Personally, I think the newer shows, and the shows from the 90s, are highly overrated!

Written By: ZZzzzZZzzZZZZAP!! on 06/07/08 at 9:28 am

I'm new here and even though I'm a dude I still watched "Facts of Life" but in reruns because I was still a toddler when it was originally on in the '80s, but I watched all the reruns during the latter half of the 80s and throughout the 90's and the 2000's and I agree I got really mad when they took it off in favor of shows like "Friends" and "Seinfeld"!  And when they were putting "Facts of Life" out on DVD I immediately went out and bought the first three seasons, and have been anxiously awaiting for the other seasons to be released!  But they said that they were going to release the entire series on DVD, including the movies, but recently decided to nix those plans because of the overwhelming popularity of sh!tty shows like "Friends", "Seinfeld", "Frasier", "Family Guy", "Seventh Heaven", "The Simpsons" and all these other crappy shows that are already being reran all the damn time!!  AAHHHH!!!!!  And I agree with all those who say they can't stant that Charlie Sheen sh!t show, "Two-and-a-Half Men", because even though I'm a guy and a straight one at that, I think that show sucks and should have been taken off the air the second it hit the airwaves!!  Alongside "Home Improvement", "Drew Carey", "Frasier" and "Seinfeld", "Two-and-a-Half Men" has got to be the most male-cheuvinist show ever on TV!  Yet, this is the crap that the majority of the public wants to see!  I don't even think "Diff'rent Strokes" has anymore seasons coming out on DVD!  Those sexist pigs over at Sony need to stop placing sex ahead of substance!!  Here's another thought, one that has been very popular around here, the women on "Facts of Life" may not have been ravishing beauties, or model material, but they all looked like real women, and were depicted as strong, independent and ambitious, rather that stick-thin sex kittens like you see on "Friends", "Desperate Housewives", "Gossip Girl", "The Hills" and "Sex & the City"!!  And in all honesty, I would much rather stare at Lisa Welchel and Nancy McKeon than that ugly Jennifer Aniston anyday!  I know, that was harsh, but what can you say? I am PO'd!!  I think Sony are a bunch of money/profit-hungry MORONS who place style ahead of substance and judging by their favoritism of shows like "Friends" and all these other later sex-crazed shows, they also place SEX-SEX-SEX ahead of good entertainment!  That's my take on the whole thing!

Check for new replies or respond here...