inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Puttin' On The Kids 1980s kids lip-syncing show

Written By: mark08 on 05/24/08 at 8:47 pm

Hi everyone I am new to this site. I am just looking for this show that aired in the 1980s I think around 1986-1987.
It was a lip-syncing show called Puttin' On The Kids it was a kids version of the show Puttin' On The Hits.

It is where kids from ages 6-12 years old lip-syncing to songs and they dance to it and they would go into competition with other kids
and gets to go in to the finalls and win prizes. They had Celebrity Children on the show as judges.

One of the special episodes that I am most after for is a Special Christmas episode of the show where they had the child celebrities
judges on the show and they got to lip-synced on stage. It was from 1986, and has got the child actress Heather O'Rourke
(from the Poltergeist Movies, palyed the little girl Carol Ann)
and Tiffany Brissette child actress (played VIKI the little girl Robot in the popular
tv series Small Wonders)
. Heather O'Rourke lip-synced Jingle Bell Rock by Brenda Lee on the show, she is just a cute and wonderful little kid.

If anyone has this PLEASE contact me ASAP and PM me on here or REPLY on this topic. This show is very rare as well. I have been looking everywhere for this one.
I am a big fan of the child actress Heather O'Rourke, she is my all time favorite child actress and was just a wonderful innocent happy child, who died so young just as
a child (just turned 12 when she died) RIP Heather O'Rourke.

So if anyone has got this on there tapes the Christmas special 1986 with Tiffany and Heather (child stars) ASAP me right away. I will pay for copies of it.

Thank you so much for your time reading this, and hope someone will come here and say they have this. :)

peace
thank you

mark08

Subject: Re: Puttin' On The Kids 1980s kids lip-syncing show

Written By: Davester on 05/25/08 at 12:12 pm

Mark, I found this clip on YouTube from 1986.  Heather O'Rourke is serving as a judge...

Heather O'Rourke in Puttin' On The Kids as a Celebrity Judge - 40 seconds...

Puttin' On The Kids - "Sussudio" (1986) Probably from the same episode, but doesn't show Heather - 3 minutes...

You're probably looking for the entire episode, though...

Poor little Heather.  She was a cutie... :\'(

Subject: Re: Puttin' On The Kids 1980s kids lip-syncing show

Written By: mark08 on 05/25/08 at 8:32 pm

Thank you 'Davester' for replying and posting them. But this is the one that someone contacted me, he had this episode of POTK and asked me
if I wanted a copy so a friend of mine brought it. And now it is on Youtube. This is so great. I am getting the full copy of this from my friend.
It is a great quality one with all the orignal commercials on the tape. Well you see this is going on the Heather O'Rourke dedication site of Heather, it
is a site that is a memory of hers. On The site you find articles, videos and a gallery of all the shows tv she has been in ect. Someone uploaded this to youtube who
was a member of the site a while ago.

We so far have found this one of her on Puttin' On The Kids and I am still looking for her other two appearances on that show,
epspecailly the Christmas episode in which she was on (1986) where the celebrity child stars lip-synced on stage and Heather lip-synced to Jingel Bell Rock by Brenda Lee.

But thank you for replying back and checking it out. I am happy to see people on here likes to help. Thank you.

If anyone has got the Christmas Special episode from 1986 where it has the Child celebrities on there lip-syncing with Heather O'Rourke and Tiffany Brissette on the show
please ASAP here or PM me. I really would love that episode. I was just overwelmed with finding and seeing that POTK clip of Heather as a celebrity judge on there, she is my
all time favorite child star.

Peace
and
Thank you

Check for new replies or respond here...