inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Where to buy UNOPENED (as in not opened, then resealed) "wax packs"

Written By: aerontg on 05/28/08 at 6:57 pm

of baseball cards from the 1980's?  I know that Canseco turned out to be a cheater, but I would still like to relive those moments of when I opened up my packs of 1987 Topps on the carpeted floor in my bedroom as a 15 year old :D  Cards today are WAY too expensive, and they are WAY too many varieties.  My two favorite companies were Topps and Fleer.

Aeron

Subject: Re: Where to buy UNOPENED (as in not opened, then resealed) "wax packs"

Written By: Red Ant on 05/28/08 at 9:25 pm

Baseball memorabilia shops probably still have unopened packs, perhaps even unopened wax boxes. Key years or first year sets, like 1989 Upper Deck baseball, are going to be hideous and /or rare no matter who you get them through.

Ant

Subject: Re: Where to buy UNOPENED (as in not opened, then resealed) "wax packs"

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/28/08 at 11:51 pm

Just don't eat the stick of bubblegum that comes with them...(if baseball cards actually came with gum - I never bought any, so I dunno if they actually did or not, but I'm quite sure if they did (the gum sucked even when fresh and now that it's aged 20 years or so...perhaps they could be used for roofing tiles?)

Sorry can't help ya

Check for new replies or respond here...