inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Classic Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 Countdowns coming to XM Radio

Written By: cinnabon on 05/30/08 at 7:10 pm

For those of you here who subscribe to XM Radio and listen to the 80s channel like I do, they will be airing classic episodes of Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 shows from the 80s starting a week from Saturday June 7 at 8am Central/9am Eastern time. This in addition to the classic American Top 40 countdowns with Casey Kasem that they have on Sundays.

Even though no one beats Casey, I always thought Rick Dees was a funny radio personality as well and he was my favorite of all the Solid Gold hosts; I'm looking forward to this program since I remember occasionally listening to the Rick Dees countdowns in the 90s I never had the chance to check out any of his 80s shows.

Subject: Re: Classic Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 Countdowns coming to XM Radio

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/30/08 at 11:02 pm

I remember one of the radio stations aired Rick Dee's Top 40 in the late 80's-early 90's. I only listened to it a few times, but always reverted back to Casey's Top 40.  :D

Subject: Re: Classic Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 Countdowns coming to XM Radio

Written By: Davester on 06/02/08 at 12:17 am

Even though no one beats Casey, I always thought Rick Dees was a funny radio personality as well and he was my favorite of all the Solid Gold hosts; I'm looking forward to this program since I remember occasionally listening to the Rick Dees countdowns in the 90s I never had the chance to check out any of his 80s shows.

Rick Dees did Disco Duck, remember..?

Check for new replies or respond here...