inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Amazing Stories

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/08 at 8:06 pm

Based on the popular retro magazine of the same name, Amazing Stories was a TV series created by Steven Spielberg that ran from 1985-1987 on NBC.  Does anyone remember it?

The series featured half hour (sometimes hour long) episodes that featured different plots, characters and actors that told the tale of an amazing story.  I picked up Season 1 on DVD and alot of the episodes I remembered from when the show was popular.  It was a fantastic series and I am so enjoying watching it again :)

One of the best episodes featured Kevin Costner and Kiefer Sutherland as WWII pilots who are at odds with terror when their young gunner (Casey Siemasko) becomes trapped in the lower tourret after their landing gear is destroyed in battle.  Directed by Spielberg, that episode was nominated for (and won) several Emmy Awards.  Well deserving!

http://media.movieweb.com/prod/2/u/A/DVrGUtsywkr2uA_l.jpg

Subject: Re: Amazing Stories

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/06/08 at 1:43 pm

Woo-hoo! I love this show! I watch the reruns all the time on the Sci-Fi channel. My favorite one is the boy who gets trapped into the movie Pschyco. I love it.  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/26/08 at 1:08 am

I used to love that series!

Didn't they make a few of these episodes into "movies" just by stringing 4 episodes together (like what they did with Creepshow).  I saw a "movie" about a year ago.

I always liked the one where Rhea Perlman and Danny DeVito starred as husband and wife where he steals a rare ring from a museum, that when she puts it on her finger, she wants to murder him.  I liked that they starred together in it, you rarely see them in the same project.

Written By: NbC on 06/26/08 at 7:13 am

That show was great.  I am sure I have seen every episode.

Also loved,

Tales From the Crypt

Tales From the Darkside

The New Twilight Zone

Written By: robby76 on 06/26/08 at 8:59 am

I remember Amazing Stories. Not sure which series it was but I always remember one about a boy who finds out one night that his parents are aliens and they need to return to their home planet that very night. I think he takes his earthling girlfriend with him too - or I think she ended being an alien herself... awww.  ;D

Umm does anyone know this episode? Is it Amazing Stories or Twilight Zone?

Written By: robby76 on 06/26/08 at 8:26 pm

Ah-ha looking at the episode guide on IMDB, that episode was called "Moving Day" from Season 2. Also from season 2 is "The Greibble" with Hayley Mills which I remember very well too. Can't believe they've not released that last season. It's been 2 years since the first season came out.

Check for new replies or respond here...