inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thriller

Written By: !xobile on 06/05/08 at 2:58 pm

approximately, how many viewers watched the thriller music video?

Subject: Re: Thriller

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/08 at 8:11 pm

6,613,765,343,23 people watched it

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/05/08 at 8:12 pm

Hi There!

If I'm right, Thriller was one of the first videos that MTV aired as a worldwide premiere on Dec 2, 1983. It was viewed in over 150 million homes, which at the time, was a tremendous number to watch a music film.  ;) I myself love the video and think even today, it's still very innovative, because the video actually had a storyline, rather than just a random performance.

I hope I helped.  ;D

If you have anymore Michael Jackson questions, please place them in my MJ thread in the Ask me part of the forum.  :)

Cute answer Whisteldog. I don't think there's that many people on earth.  ;)

Written By: Midas on 06/05/08 at 8:36 pm

Cute answer Whisteldog. I don't think there's that many people on earth.  ;)

I've seen it eleventeen times!

Written By: solti711 on 06/06/08 at 11:34 am

the firt time i watched thriller was in switzerland in a cosy log home. I was 11. It was late at night, my parents already asleep. My brother and i watched it and we really got a good scare. the wood of the log home would crack here and there which let us believe that the zombies are acutally in the house. javascript:void(0);
Grin

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/06/08 at 1:41 pm

I saw Thriller for the first time in 1993 when I was about 6 years old. (I wasn't into him at the time, I still slept with a New Kids on the Block blanket) and I just remember it scared the tar outta me.  ;D I watchedc it at my cousin's house.

I don't know how many times I've watched it over the years. Hundreds of times, I'm sure.  :) I can do the Thriller dance.  ;D (And the Moonwalk)

Written By: ralfy on 10/19/16 at 11:14 am

"VIDEO: New Michael Jackson Thriller project revealed by John Landis in Sheffield"

http://www.thestar.co.uk/whats-on/video-new-michael-jackson-thriller-project-revealed-by-john-landis-in-sheffield-1-8184516

Written By: Howard on 10/19/16 at 2:43 pm

"VIDEO: New Michael Jackson Thriller project revealed by John Landis in Sheffield"

http://www.thestar.co.uk/whats-on/video-new-michael-jackson-thriller-project-revealed-by-john-landis-in-sheffield-1-8184516

I hope it as good as it was 32 years ago.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/19/16 at 3:00 pm

I don't think it would be the same as the 80s music video.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/07/18 at 10:53 am

Even if another album beats it in sales, it will go in history as the first album, ever, to reach/sell 30 million copies.  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Written By: Howard on 01/07/18 at 2:43 pm

Even if another album beats it in sales, it will go in history as the first album, ever, to reach/sell 30 million copies.  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

and YouTube racked up a lot of views too. :o

Written By: 80sfan on 01/07/18 at 2:45 pm

and YouTube racked up a lot of views too. :o

I should be more specific. It was the first album to ever sell 30 million copies, in the US, alone.

Subject: Thriller

Written By: Dude111 on 01/08/18 at 12:43 pm

6,613,765,343,23 people watched it

I bet even more than that did! (Ah man!!)

Written By: robby76 on 01/08/18 at 11:24 pm

I was 7 or 8 when Thriller came out. I didn't see it on tv, but I would rent the "Making of Thriller" all the time from my local comic book store (which had a vhs rental section). I was obsessed. Used to wear a scary mask and learn the routine. There's a photo of me in the garden with all my gear on mid-dance.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/09/18 at 10:33 pm

approximately, how many viewers watched the thriller music video?
With or without YouTube?

Written By: Howard on 01/10/18 at 2:33 pm

With or without YouTube?

according to the video about 480 million viewed. :o

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/17/18 at 1:56 am

I remember as a kid in the 90s, the Thriller had a slightly "before my time" but timeless feel because there was next to nothing else like. I sorta feel the same way today. The video just seems even more timeless because I'm literally decades away since my first viewing of the video.

Check for new replies or respond here...