inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who else loves the groups "Berlin" & "Mssing Persons"

Written By: EightiesGirl79 on 06/11/08 at 12:42 pm

Berlin is just awesome! Always loved Terri Nunn's voice. I love their "pleasure victim" cd! Such cool 80's songs!
I also love Missing Persons..Dale(the lead singer) was always so quirky style-wise. I have most of their stuff on LP...as it's kinda hard to find their stuff on cd these days.
It would be cool to hear from other fans. :) 8)

Subject: Re: Who else loves the groups "Berlin" & "Mssing Persons"

Written By: Zeb on 06/11/08 at 3:49 pm

Berlin and Missing Persons were both pretty sweet.  With Berlin I love "No More Words" and " The Metro." Missing Persons had "What Are Words For?" excellent track in my view. 
" Do You Hear Me? Do You Care?" ;)

Written By: nally on 06/11/08 at 3:51 pm

Missing Persons had "What Are Words For?" excellent track in my view. 
" Do You Hear Me? Do You Care?" ;)

I think the actual name of that song is "Words." ;) They had some other great songs, including "Walking In LA", "Destination Unknown" and "Mental Hopscotch". As for Berlin, I like a lot of their songs too. 8)

Written By: Atari on 06/11/08 at 4:30 pm

Missing Persons is awesome. I love anything Zappa-related, and both Dale and Terry Bozzio have worked with Frank, as well as MP's bassist and guitarist (Patrick O'Hearn and Warren Cuccurullo, respectively). Terry, in particular, is an incredible drummer. Just check out his kit:

http://www.homerecordingbootcamp.com/bozzio/2.03.05.jpg

And yes, they aren't just for show. He plays every one of those drums, and they're all tuned to different voicings.

Mental Hopscotch is my favorite song by MP, but they have many great ones.

Written By: woops on 06/11/08 at 5:17 pm

Both are good

Berlin: "No More Words", "Sex (I'm a...)", and "Take My Breath Away"

Missing Persons: "Words", "Walking In LA", "Destination Unknown"

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/11/08 at 6:59 pm

Me, Me, Me... I love Berlin and Missing Persons!

...only a nobody walks in LA  ;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/11/08 at 7:33 pm

I love both groups. I think they're both great!  :)

Berlin:

The Metro
Masquerade
Sex (I'm a....)
No More Words

Missing Persons:

Destination Unknown
Words

Written By: johnny5alive on 06/11/08 at 8:05 pm

both are great! i have many cds and lots of videos of them both! :)  they are but a few of female fronted bands i like from the 80's! also bananarama, the flirts total coelo, the go gos and the bangles are also my faves any they were all girl bands!

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/11/08 at 8:19 pm

both are great! i have many cds and lots of videos of them both! :)  they are but a few of female fronted bands i like from the 80's! also bananarama, the flirts total coelo, the go gos and the bangles are also my faves any they were all girl bands!
Let us not forget Romeo Void.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/11/08 at 9:19 pm

Incidentally, Terri Nunn (aka Berlin) is still touring in the Southwest.  By all accounts, the live shows are as good today as they were 20 years ago. 

Written By: whistledog on 06/11/08 at 9:22 pm

I love them both.  Missing Persons had a few hits, but never cracked the Top 40 in the US or Canada.  I know 'Words' was quite popular

I love 'Sex (I'm A...)' by Berlin.  Though it never made the US Top 40, it was a massive hit in Canada peaking at #4.  For some reason, all the R-Rated controversial songs that never became big hits in the US were all in the Canadian Top 40.  What can I say .. us Canucks are a bunch of sickos :D

Written By: dmfan420 on 06/11/08 at 9:42 pm

I was never a big Missing Persons fan. I did like their hits Words & Destination Unknown. Berlin, on the other hand, is still one of my all time groups. Forget the more known songs, some of the album cuts and UK hits were so much better....Like Flames, Will I Ever Understand You, Sex Me Talk Me, You Don't Know and When Love Goes To War are prolly my favs.

Written By: dwight on 09/21/08 at 10:28 pm

I LOVE BERLIN
I JUST BOUGHT THREE OF THEIR ALBUMS AT THE MALL
ON CD
THE BEST SONGS ARE
TOUCH
TELL ME WHY
MASQUERADE
SEX IM A
PICTURES OF YOU
DANCING IN BERLIN

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/22/08 at 11:31 pm

if you search the "Blog" sites you will find the entire Berlin discography!!!

Written By: Lindee on 09/25/08 at 10:48 am

Dale Bozzio was in the 1981 movie Lunchwagon.

Written By: midnite on 09/25/08 at 6:23 pm

My favorite Berlin song by far is Pleasure Victim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bthjB1Tl3JU&feature=related

(only video i could find - its bad)

I like Missing Persons as well.  Didnt know them in the 80s, but now I enjoy their music.

Written By: cinnabon on 09/25/08 at 9:16 pm

I like both groups as well - It was great seeing the original Berlin lineup get back together a few years ago on Bands Reunited.

(BTW: Terri Nunn was an actress as well prior to Berlin - she once appeared in an episode of Barnaby Jones as well as auditioning for the role of Princess Leia in the first Star Wars movie!)

Written By: midnite on 09/26/08 at 6:26 pm

I like both groups as well - It was great seeing the original Berlin lineup get back together a few years ago on Bands Reunited.

(BTW: Terri Nunn was an actress as well prior to Berlin - she once appeared in an episode of Barnaby Jones as well as auditioning for the role of Princess Leia in the first Star Wars movie!)

She would have been a tasty Princess Leia instead of that dull crazy woman who played her.  LOL.

Check for new replies or respond here...