inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Two Creepy 80's Songs - Need MP3

Written By: midnite on 06/19/08 at 11:17 pm

Anyone know where I can get an audio version (MP3) of the following two Hauntingly Beautiful 80s tunes:

1.  Jane - Its A Fine Day (1983).  This song is spooky as hell.  I am looking for the original on the attached link below (not the Miss Jane Trance remake).  I would love to lay this entire song over a good beat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpXeSReUsY

2.  Annabel Lamb - Riders On The Storm (1983).  Spooky as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeObSEnH1iI

Thank you in advance for your help!

Subject: Re: Two Creepy 80's Songs - Need MP3

Written By: whistledog on 06/19/08 at 11:21 pm

I have the Annabel Lamb album 'Once Bitten' with that song, but unfortunately my record player doesn't transfer vinyl to mp3 with good quality so I never attempted :(

It is a good song, and some might say better than the original by The Doors

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/20/08 at 8:08 pm

I have the Annabel Lamb album 'Once Bitten' with that song, but unfortunately my record player doesn't transfer vinyl to mp3 with good quality so I never attempted :(

It is a good song, and some might say better than the original by The Doors
I would not say it is better because I am a die-hard Doors fan but I did enjoy this version, surprisingly.

I have never heard that first song before and it really is some creepy stuff.  It seems to end with the line "...and we will have salad".  How very strange. ???

Written By: Midas on 06/21/08 at 12:39 am

I have never heard that first song before and it really is some creepy stuff.  It seems to end with the line "...and we will have salad".  How very strange. ???

Opus III did a cover of "It's A Fine Day" in the early 90's.  Both versions are awesome.  I don't care much for the Miss Jane cover.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/21/08 at 6:41 pm

I've got Annabel Lamb's version of "Riders on the Storm" one of my '80s mix CD-Rs I burned from vinyl.  I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to MP3's. 
:-[

Written By: Henk on 07/16/08 at 3:48 pm

Anyone know where I can get an audio version (MP3) of the following two Hauntingly Beautiful 80s tunes:

2.  Annabel Lamb - Riders On The Storm (1983).  Spooky as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeObSEnH1iI

Thank you in advance for your help!

Guess what I downloaded just today... ::)

It's not easy to find ANY Annabel Lamb song, as I've found out - so now that I had the chance, I also downloaded "Dream Boy", "The Flame", "The Ghost Of You", "Inside Of My Head", "Come To Me"  and "Sacraments of Love", in case anyone's interested.

Written By: Bobby on 07/26/08 at 1:35 pm

Yes, I noticed that too. I checked some lyrics sites on the web and they don't mention this sentence . . . that is pretty creepy in itself, lol.

I think 'It's a fine day' is rather boring but, unless I am missing something with the lyrics, the masterstroke for me is Jane melancholically singing of an idyllic situation, as if we ought to look into something more sinister than is actually written.

I also did some research on mass murderer Billy Cook, Morrison's supposed influence of 'Riders of the storm'. Seems like a nasty piece of work . . .

http://www.prairieghosts.com/peace.html

Written By: midnite on 07/28/08 at 6:56 pm

Good stuff. Thanks

Check for new replies or respond here...