inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Wild Wild Life" by the Talking Heads (1986)

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/21/08 at 10:04 pm

I'm not a fan of them really, but I love this one. New wave seemed to "smooth out" and get more pop as the '80s progressed, and you can totally hear that in this song. Just alot of fun and it's got more of a pop/rock feel to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NXkM8PsPXs

Subject: Re: "Wild Wild Life" by the Talking Heads (1986)

Written By: whistledog on 06/21/08 at 10:39 pm

It's from the album 'True Stories', which was released the same year as the mocumentary motion picture 'True Stories' which David Byrne directed.  A young John Goodman is in the film and also appears in the music video. 

The songs which appear on the album, appear in the movie as sung by the actors.  Byrne never intented to release a cast recording of the songs from the film, so instead he re-recorded the songs with Talking Heads, thus the album 'True Stories' is NOT the soundtrack to the film.  A separate album was released titled 'Sounds From True Stories' which contained the film's instrumental score

To me, 'Wild Wild Life' was their greatest single! :)

Written By: woops on 06/21/08 at 10:48 pm

The video  won a VMA for best soundtrack video in 1987. Good song

Written By: Bob on 06/22/08 at 12:28 am

Pretty freaking good song. Gets faster and faster as it goes. :)

Written By: Shacks Train on 06/22/08 at 7:39 am

For me , David Byrne , Peter Gabriel , Brian Eno are the "Giants" of 80s music!
By todays standards there isn't a band alive that posess the talent these 3 have!

wild wild life orig mix
http://www.zshare.net/audio/1402353378a92266/

Video killed the radio star!!!!!

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/22/08 at 10:26 am

It's from the album 'True Stories', which was released the same year as the mocumentary motion picture 'True Stories' which David Byrne directed.  A young John Goodman is in the film and also appears in the music video. 

The songs which appear on the album, appear in the movie as sung by the actors.  Byrne never intented to release a cast recording of the songs from the film, so instead he re-recorded the songs with Talking Heads, thus the album 'True Stories' is NOT the soundtrack to the film.  A separate album was released titled 'Sounds From True Stories' which contained the film's instrumental score

To me, 'Wild Wild Life' was their greatest single! :)
True Stories is a great album.  People Like Us is one of my favorites by the Talking Heads. 

Check for new replies or respond here...